i`m quite impressed with our new look midfield already.

clement and ferguson or hemdani if playing two defensive midfielders will be awesome although if he does i`m sure he`ll let ferguson get forward when he can to help th others.

sionko looks to be fitting right in so far and if you add buffel who looks to have bucked up his ideas, then we are looking very strong indeed.

wonder what formation he`ll use. i suspect he may have used todays game as a marker for more difficult games, like europe away, septic away etc where he may be thinking of 2 def midfielders in front of the back 4.

they are notoriously difficult to break down and more and more teams are adopting them in england!

sorry but we lost our edge when dado came off and its worrying that hes the only guy in the team that can hold the ball up up front. Im not as impressed as much as everone else with sionko though i reckon hell come good once hes settled in. Boyd never got any service at all when he came on for the second half though Ndayie looked sharp which was a real bonus. Clement is a real steal and breezed through the game and is a certainty to partner ferguson in midfield. If stevie smith doesnt get the nod for left back ill kick down PLGs door myself and as for buffel ive always been a fan and expect him to be a major player this season. Best thing about the team today is that we were very rarely troubled at the back. Svenson and Rodrigez look good together and will grow in strength as the games roll by. We also moved the ball around with some nice one touch football which was a stark contrast to our style of play under Mcleish. As much as i hate the term it will take the team time to gell so i wont be expecting too much from them untill they have half a dozen competitive games or so under their belts.

sorry but we lost our edge when dado came off and its worrying that hes the only guy in the team that can hold the ball up up front. Im not as impressed as much as everone else with sionko though i reckon hell come good once hes settled in. Boyd never got any service at all when he came on for the second half though Ndayie looked sharp which was a real bonus. Clement is a real steal and breezed through the game and is a certainty to partner ferguson in midfield. If stevie smith doesnt get the nod for left back ill kick down PLGs door myself and as for buffel ive always been a fan and expect him to be a major player this season. Best thing about the team today is that we were very rarely troubled at the back. Svenson and Rodrigez look good together and will grow in strength as the games roll by. We also moved the ball around with some nice one touch football which was a stark contrast to our style of play under Mcleish. As much as i hate the term it will take the team time to gell so i wont be expecting too much from them untill they have half a dozen competitive games or so under their belts.

but how can you say your not impresed with the midfield if you like the look of clement, n`diaye and buffel?

but how can you say your not impresed with the midfield if you like the look of clement, n`diaye and buffel?

where does he says he's not impressed with the midfield ?

its only not impressed with Sionko!

where does he says he's not impressed with the midfield ?

its only not impressed with Sionko!

Lol, was about to post the same thing geo.

Colsh, get to the optician

and he`s not PART of the new midfiled??:confused:

But not being impressed with PART of the midfield doesn't mean he isn't impressed with the unit as a whole.

OR..... were you saying Sionko is the whole midfield ?

Im not trying to be too critical colshy but im a tad suprised at some of the optimism after todays game. As i said before there was some nice one touch passing going on but there was a lot of long balls as well. It worked for the most part when prsu was on the park but Boyd is lucky if he wins one high ball in twenty. I felt for him today as he got no service whatso ever and that is the midfields fault. I certainly dont expect Hemdani to partner clement again as ithink they are far too similar. I hope Ferguson takes on a more attacking role in midfield as he was wasted playing the way Mcleish fielded him last season.

Typical pre-season friendly to be honest that lost any edge it had when both teams started to make a number of subs early in the second half.

Letizi looked commanding and had one very good save from a free-kick. His distribution seemed fair. Only concern is that after coming and collecting 2 corners / crosses early on, he stopped and it appeared to thro the defence into uncertainty. He resumed coming for and collecting again and look commanding again.

Hutton is still a huge concern for the new season. He played very badly and appears to come very narrow when the play develops down his wing leaving open spaces down the side and in behind him.

Smith has a solid game as we have come to expect from him.

Svensson and R-Jod coped well with everything that they had to do and it'll take some time for them to develop an understanding and a partnership. Svensson looked and played like Amo to a certain degree - looked like he could make a mistake any minute!

Clement, Sionko, Adam and Buffel had very decent games but IMO the standouts were Prso and Hemdami.

N'Daiyi and Novo had decent games when they were introduced and N'Daiyi looks to have pace, strength and ability.

Cammy F