Butcher open to Boyd conciliation

Guest Jum Spence

The situation was handled badly by both sides but particularly by Burley & Butcher who should both know better. They've been very unprofessional in all of this.

I dont think that Boyd handled it that badly. He was overlooked for both Fletcher and Iwelumo. He took the stance that he was unlikely to be getting a game in the foreseeable future so decided to concentrate on club football.

I just dont see that he handled it that poorly.

I dont think that Boyd handled it that badly. He was overlooked for both Fletcher and Iwelumo. He took the stance that he was unlikely to be getting a game in the foreseeable future so decided to concentrate on club football.

I just dont see that he handled it that poorly.

Are you lying on the beach with Chris Boyd swimming shorts on,and a Chris Boyd towel, Craig. Boyd walked away saying he will never play for Burley again. Nothing to do with concentrating on Rangers.

Are you lying on the beach with Chris Boyd swimming shorts on,and a Chris Boyd towel, Craig. Boyd walked away saying he will never play for Burley again. Nothing to do with concentrating on Rangers.

I am pretty sure that his statement didnt end there and he clarified himself by saying that if he wasnt being quoted then he may as well free up a squad spot for someone who might have a chance of playing time.

I am pretty sure that his statement didnt end there and he clarified himself by saying that if he wasnt being quoted then he may as well free up a squad spot for someone who might have a chance of playing time.

Even if he did try and gloss things up Craig the important factor is he said he will not play for Burley again. You can tie a million ribbons round the old oak tree but the fact is it remains a tree.

Agreed with MF that this is a way of Burley trying to rescue the situation and he is using Butcher. I do wish Butcher would buggar off from the job aswell, I dont think he is near the right assistant.

Boyd did walk away in a huff and you can understand his frustration though, but we dont know what his attitude was like in the camp that week - he was maybe joking around and having a laugh while Fletcher and Iwelmo were giving it 200%.

What Boyd should have done was walk away without quitting the set up and just do what he is doing now! He could then have returned to the Scotland fold and did it in the dark blue aswell.

I dont buy this comment about Rangers over Scotland though. That opportunity never poses itself unless 1) They played each other or 2) they played a match on the same.

Its more a case of whether one follows the national team also or not. For me I do - but im the opposite of most, I used to not bother about them so much but have grown to it.

Even if he did try and gloss things up Craig the important factor is he said he will not play for Burley again. You can tie a million ribbons round the old oak tree but the fact is it remains a tree.

So what ? Does that mean he handled it poorly ? Not in my opinion.

To me it's obvious who deserves the biggest pelters in this dispute - we have to choose between a supposedly seasoned, 52 year old, international manager and a young, ambitious, 25 year old, prolific striker who is still developing and trying to establish himself.

Even when you take the manager v player angle, a manager is the one who needs to be far more composed, then you can take the age angle.

Players are always going to be more temperamental but managers are supposed to have matured and be beyond that.

Burley has shown he can't handle his own ego which means he can't handle the Scotland job. Ironically, the biggest factor in an international job is about motivating players, and getting them to play well together even though they mostly don't play together very often.

Burley has failed severely there, where Eck and Walter excelled.

Boyd is just being a par for the course young striker who wants to play, whereas Burley is being an incredibly below par, hacker of a manager, who has gained no wisdom whatsoever.

Butcher should keep his trap shut ,

if anyone has too apoligies its Butcher and Burley for treating Boyd like an idiot and playing players with not even half Boyds abillaty in front of him

i am a Scotland fan but i am in Boyds corner on this one and will back him all the way against Burley and Butcher they should be apologiesing to Boyd.

There's no way back for Butcher & Burley on this one. They're the ones that weren't giving Boyd a chance since he only played 23 mins out of over 600mins for them despite having been fit to play. They are the ones that created the mess & they are the ones who have thoroughly f*cked up any real chance the national side had of World Cup football. They are both incapable & were the wrong choice by the SFA. The sooner they're gone, the better.