Andris Velicka

I don't know why he isn't getting a chance at least as sub. In the short time he played against Shalke he looked quite good and i am sure he had a goal and some assists in the other few minutes he has played.

I don't know why he isn't getting a chance at least as sub. In the short time he played against Shalke he looked quite good and i am sure he had a goal and some assists in the other few minutes he has played.

That's the baffling thing, not that he's not playing... but that he's not getting on even as a sub! but behind lafferty, novo and formerly JCD for place on the bench... and now naismith is back in contention... i under stand why he's struggled. I guess he's more a boyd type striker, and he's not been missing much this year, perhaps thats it?

I guess he's more a boyd type striker, and he's not been missing much this year, perhaps thats it?

Perhaps, and its best to have back up players rather than shift players around. What happens if Boyd gets a long term injury!!

Funny enough if i was a manager i would be trying nacho at RB in training and reserve games. If he can defend or learn to defend he would be excellent at getting forward. I would rather him at RB as sitting on the bench.

If he can defend

I don't see the mystery.

Played well for Hearts, scoring some cracking goals.

We needed relatively inexpensive back up for the forward roles and Smith liked what he had seen (as had many fans).

However, at least in the competitive action, Velicka just has not performed.

Some transfers work out, some don't. Obviously the manager carries the can for his gambles (transfers) that don't work out. Particularly at the minute where Smith does not have his troubles to seek.

However the point of the thread is why is Velicka not getting a game and the reason is he is not playing well enough t odisplace the first choice players.

No big mystery for me.

Yeh, but if it was as simple as that, then obviously Gow didn't play because he wasn't as good in his position as Adam or McCulloch and I will never buy that in a million years.

Not sure Gow is in competition with McCulloch or Adam.

If people want to believe conspiracy theories (as seems the way at the minute) for everything then fine. I'll put Velicka's non-inclusion down to the fact that he has not done enough (on the pitch or training) to displace the first choice players.