Andris Velicka

I don't see the point in paying good money for players then not even giving them a chance to prove themselves in an average team. We trust the manager with the transfer money he is given but WS has wasted so much of it and the state we are in is mainly down to him IMO.

So we paid 1M for this guy, he looked good in pre-season and now he's disappeared from our plans. How on earth can WS justify that kind of waste of money time and time again? The old boys act with SDM and WS looks like getting us in to all sorts of trouble.

If Velicka is not in his plans, then I would like to see him used in a deal for him to go to the jambos and Berra to come to us.

The Hearts gaffer has already stated he'd like to have him at tynecastle(albeit on loan). So there might be a deal to be struck there. They get AV and some cash and we get a proven(spl) centre half, who's at a good age and still has plenty of potential to get even better.

I don't see the mystery.

Played well for Hearts, scoring some cracking goals.

We needed relatively inexpensive back up for the forward roles and Smith liked what he had seen (as had many fans).

However, at least in the competitive action, Velicka just has not performed.

Some transfers work out, some don't. Obviously the manager carries the can for his gambles (transfers) that don't work out. Particularly at the minute where Smith does not have his troubles to seek.

However the point of the thread is why is Velicka not getting a game and the reason is he is not playing well enough t odisplace the first choice players.

No big mystery for me.

I don't see the mystery.

However the point of the thread is why is Velicka not getting a game and the reason is he is not playing well enough t odisplace the first choice players.

No big mystery for me.

That's one interpretation. For me, the point of the thread might be why Smith has been unwilling to provide this player with the opportunity to show what he can do - while continuing to select others in preference who (other than Boyd) have failed to impress. Why were we starting JCD in preference to Velicka - we already knew JCD was next to useless.

It may be that, given his chance, Velicka would have achieved nothing anyway but this looks like yet another example of Smith's knee-jerk transfer dealing. Money spent, money wasted.