Chris Burke

With the down time for a few days we never got a chance to discuss Burke moving to Cardiff.

Getting him off our books is a big scoop as he was a waste of a wage. Some say he under achieved but for me he only showed glimpses of skill but was always blown off the ball with ease.

He was 1 of quite a few dead wood and him leaving is as good as when Mo Ross and Stephen Hughes left.

Burke is another enigmatic player. When fully fit and playing well he was exactly the kind of player I paid my season ticket money to watch - tricky, exciting and a typical Scottish winger.

Unforutnately, injury and a general lack of improvement in his game (such as his decision-making and final ball) meant it was definitely the best move to move him on.

Like most of our youngsters, they start off great, full of energy and promise but rarely do they improve much and most move on to lesser clubs. I don't know if it's the players fault/attitude or what is going on at the club or training ground but not many really make it.

I hope Fleck bucks the trend and becomes a very good player for us but he needs to be getting more games before he can ever do that and we also need better players beside him for him to improve also............

A lot of the time a players proof is in the pudding when they move down south and cant stand out. I cant see Burke appearing in the headlines much at Cardiff at all. Does that say anything about the level of the SPL these days as well, including the fact the Championship is a league on the move up.