Protest against David Murray running Rangers F.C. via constructive debate

So, at the St.Johnstone game there was a sort of flag protest attempting to draw Scotlands attention towards the mismangement of Rangers by David Murray.

The time has come to start doing something about this man. Remember this time last year? Our glorious european run. It took us to a European final and it should have been built upon.

However, what happened? No one took any action to try and build on that team as most teams would do after winning some success. Instead the instruction was given to apparantly save money until we beat the pub team from Lithuania and one more qualifying tie(that would have been Aalborg) and therefore enter the Champions league group stages.

It was a clear money saving scam by David Murray. However, it backfired and we went out as a result of being a poor team. So, had we been given the money to buy a few players in positions that were clearly needing filled, Rangers would have earned the club about �£5m from the qualification into the group stages.

Now, Rangers are being forced to sell their top goal scorer to pay for this glaring error and the only person who couldn't see the team needed strengthened was David Murray.

However, this is not the first big error from Mr.Murray. During the Alex McLeish years he was found penny pinching as a Rangers manager was left to bring in free transfers and loan signings.

For far too long now, many fans have not liked the direction Mr Murray has been steering the club in. And now the fans shouls start to make it known to David Murray that we want him to sell the club.

He says we are not "captains of industry " and indicates we don't really know what we're talking about when it comes to running a club like Rangers.

Well Mr Murray, i think you'll find thousands of fans who were supporting the club whilst you were scurrying around outside Somerset Park in Ayr, that we were here well before you and the club is in our blood. Unlike yourself who seems to have bought the club to forward yourself as an individual.

We the fans want a different direction for Rangers. A club like Rangers should not be selling it's top striker to pay for an error of judgement you made by yourself to balance the books.

A club like Rangers should not be on the verge of gifting Celtic a FOURTH succesive league title in a row. Where will it end? We have had 3 years to plan Celtic's downfall, so why has it not yet happened?

And,a club like Rangers should be having a half decent run in europe EVERY season. Not being knocked out by pub teams because you decided to keep your cash instead of stregthening a potentially good side(which was left to drift off into an unbelievable decline).

Please sign under this post with a short comment of why you want David Murray to leave Rangers alone and sell up. Lets show Mr Murray why we ant him away from Rangers.:rfc::rfc::rfc::rfc:

You may just be naiive

You clearly think I am.

but why do you see it as the role of ordinary fans to come up with a replacement?

I don't. But if you're so sure someone else could do a better job I expect you to at least have someone in mind. Otherwise it's just angry bollox, devoid of reason.

Surely that is the exclusive preserve of the current owner

The one not competent enough to run the club is deemed by you to be more than competent enough to find someone more competent than himself to run the club in a competent manner?

Pardon me if I fail to see your logic.

So, are you signing the Protest thread?

Certainly not.

Individuals are more than welcome to make their own mind up on the situation.

They don't need Gersnet as a forum to do so on their behalf other than to use the facilities to debate the issue in a respectful and constructive fashion.

Obviously, I myself back any reasonable and workable protest against the current regime but I certainly won't attempt to patronise over 1000 members by suggesting the site/forum stands for only one opinion.

As such, please feel free to highlight your own personal grievances with the chairman/club but I don't think it's accurate or fair on other members to suggest they cover their opinion also via some forum-wide protest.

I hope you appreciate and understand that John.

:)

The one not competent enough to run the club is deemed by you to be more than competent enough to find someone more competent than himself to run the club in a competent manner?

Robert, you've inadvertently raised a very interesting point there!!.

The way I see it is that a portion of the Gers support simply want Murray out (no matter what it seems), but for all intents & purposes SDM's ownership of shares is not theirs to sell or even attempt to sell on his behalf & dragging the club through the dirt isn't exactly a good plan for anyone who wants to see a respectable, wealthy buyer come in & take on the task at hand. I mean, why would any sane person want to invest SERIOUS time & money into running a football club if the club's fans are inevitably going to turn on you to the extent of saying they'd lynch you in the street?

I hope you all understand why I won't sign any such protest.

It is time for Murray to go but i will warn it is not as simple as Murray walking away and everything smelling of roses. We could end up in a vacuum and things could get worse Murray is right when he says it is easy to throw stones but far harder to bring in solutions to the problems. I do hope Murray goes but i would prefer if it was with a well worked out plan and not rush of blood to the head.

Edited by pete

Thanks. I love intelligent satire and I'm forever in your debt for that.

Individuals are more than welcome to make their own mind up on the situation.

They don't need Gersnet as a forum to do so on their behalf other than to use the facilities to debate the issue in a respectful and constructive fashion.

Obviously, I myself back any reasonable and workable protest against the current regime but I certainly won't attempt to patronise over 1000 members by suggesting the site/forum stands for only one opinion.

As such, please feel free to highlight your own personal grievances with the chairman/club but I don't think it's accurate or fair on other members to suggest they cover their opinion also via some forum-wide protest.

I hope you appreciate and understand that John.

:)

Indeed.

When i wrote the post i had thought about contacting you first of all to see if i could use the Gersnet name in this protest. But i wasn't sure if you would be around to answer, and i was keen to get the post up because i am feeling a lot of hostility towards David Murray from a lot of Gers fans.

I totaly understand and respect everyone elses opinion may differ from my own. Indeed that was why i put the post up. To see how deep this topic goes.

Robert, you've inadvertently raised a very interesting point there!!.

The way I see it is that a portion of the Gers support simply want Murray out (no matter what it seems), but for all intents & purposes SDM's ownership of shares is not theirs to sell or even attempt to sell on his behalf & dragging the club through the dirt isn't exactly a good plan for anyone who wants to see a respectable, wealthy buyer come in & take on the task at hand. I mean, why would any sane person want to invest SERIOUS time & money into running a football club if the club's fans are inevitably going to turn on you to the extent of saying they'd lynch you in the street?

I hope you all understand why I won't sign any such protest.

Sorry Shroomz but I cant agree on this "we should be better than airing our dirty laundry in public" mantra.

If a potential new owner is turned off by the fans venting at the current owner because of "inevitably turning on you" then we dont need that type of owner. Why ? Because it is a very defeatist attitude, expecting to fail and face the ire of the fans even before he has walked through the door ?

Any new owner should be looking at the club, it's history, branding (do we have any?), financial statements, projections, potential etc - and he should then be saying "I can make this club the dominant force in Scotland and a player in Europe for decades to come - and I WILL NOT FAIL". An owner with that attitude and application, if successful, would not face the ire of fans.

Any new owner should not be afraid to take the reigns because the current encumbent is unpopular.