Protest against David Murray running Rangers F.C. via constructive debate

gentlemen, please refrain from:

a) Unacceptable abuse

b) Hijacking what should have still been an interesting thread despite my post

Now, why not use the thread to air your grievances and, even better, offer solutions to address them?

We have to be careful and dont do a hearts and end up with a Romanov. I think Murray for all his failings will make sure that doesnt happen.

our main problem is walter Smith. his knee jerk reaction with fleck being included in future games just goes to show how bad a manager he is.

That is who we should be targeting.

gentlemen, please refrain from:

a) Unacceptable abuse

b) Hijacking what should have still been an interesting thread despite my post

Now, why not use the thread to air your grievances and, even better, offer solutions to address them?

Thank you for the good sense to bring back some sanity to this thread Frankie.

IMO the only way change will happen(apart from Murray selling)is because of events on the park, not off it. The majority of Supporters showing their disapproval, and for that to happen I reckon Rangers will have to fall a lot further than we have up to now. Let me say I want Rangers to win the league.

IMO the only way change will happen(apart from Murray selling)is because of events on the park, not off it. The majority of Supporters showing their disapproval, and for that to happen I reckon Rangers will have to fall a lot further than we have up to now. Let me say I want Rangers to win the league.

Agree completely with that.

Doesn't mean we shoudln't be preparing for this in the background. Problem is just how far will the club be allowed to fall before the majority show their concern.

People just disappeared in the early 80s. Hopefully something can ensure that dosn't happen again.

Agree completely with that.

Doesn't mean we shoudln't be preparing for this in the background. Problem is just how far will the club be allowed to fall before the majority show their concern.

People just disappeared in the early 80s. Hopefully something can ensure that dosn't happen again.

Perhaps the downturn in ST sales would bring home to DM, the unrest among Supporters, more than protests and initiatives.

We have to be careful and dont do a hearts and end up with a Romanov. I think Murray for all his failings will make sure that doesnt happen.

our main problem is walter Smith. his knee jerk reaction with fleck being included in future games just goes to show how bad a manager he is.

That is who we should be targeting.

I still don't understand how it is possible that "we" can be careful about who we end up with, when "we" have absolutely no possible role in the selection. We might be able to influence Murray's willingness to sell but never who he sells to. Since you have faith in Murray to get that right, there is obviously nothing to worry about.

Our main problem is not Walter Smith, it has to be the guy who brought a dinosaur like Walter back to the club. Responsibility lies where the buck stops and that certainly isn't Walter Smith.

I still don't understand how it is possible that "we" can be careful about who we end up with, when "we" have absolutely no possible role in the selection. We might be able to influence Murray's willingness to sell but never who he sells to. Since you have faith in Murray to get that right, there is obviously nothing to worry about.

Our main problem is not Walter Smith, it has to be the guy who brought a dinosaur like Walter back to the club. Responsibility lies where the buck stops and that certainly isn't Walter Smith.

But by influencing Murray's willingness to sell we could have an impact on the appropriateness of who his replacement is.

If he gets so pissed off with the support that he sells to the first guy who walks round the corner with plans to finance his purchase by selling of Murray Park and worries about everything else later then we are no better off than we are now (and potentially worse off).

Going back to JB's original post, I want Murray to be replaced by someone better than him, but not by someone worse. A bland Murray Out slogan isn't constructive and isn't offering a solution.

However we desperately need something to hang our hats on as Murray's financial mismanagement of the club is just repeating what happened from 2000-2004 and there is absolutely no medium term financial planning, and it's frightening.

Hopefully something will emerge sooner rather than later.

We have two problems. One is the chairman and the other is the the manager. The current mess has been caused by the managers wayward spending and poor choice of purchases. we now find ourselves in the position where we have a shitload of mediocre players that no one wants.

But we are being sidetracked by the murray issue which is confusing the situation even more.

As for who replaces him, murray is and has been selective to who takes over. you cant fault for that, infact i applaud him for it.