Right to an opinion and truthful answers.

Just as the media fear the advent of the free fan forum (see Unofficial websites - Pressure on the Press http://www.gersnetonline.net/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=693&Itemid=2 ); the club also fear them because they know their actions will be scrutinised more than ever which, in turn, makes them more answerable...

In addition, Smith is playing silly buggers regarding this faceless stuff. Murray and Bain are more than aware of who runs each of the main unofficial, influential Rangers sites.

Perhaps if they offered a credible alternative to these places, then supporters wouldn't be forced into using them to put across their points. These alternatives needn't be online based.

Edited by Frankie

Just as the media fear the advent of the free fan forum (see Unofficial websites - Pressure on the Press http://www.gersnetonline.net/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=693&Itemid=2 ); the club also fear them because they know their actions will be scrutinised more than ever which, in turn, makes them more answerable...

In addition, Smith is playing silly buggers regarding this faceless stuff. Murray and Bain are more than aware of who runs each of the main unofficial, influential Rangers sites.

Perhaps if they offered a credible alternative to these places, then supporters wouldn't be forced into using them to put across their points. These alternatives needn't be online based.

An official Rangers forum would have to be so over the top, riculously moderated and sanitised to prevent the media trawling it looking for stories with which to batter us (I knwo they do anyway, how much worse would it be if it were an official sit though). And the level of required moderation would be impossible.

As such places like this will always be necessary and so the club should look for a better working relationship, at least with the larger forums.

An official Rangers forum would have to be so over the top, riculously moderated and sanitised to prevent the media trawling it looking for stories with which to batter us (I knwo they do anyway, how much worse would it be if it were an official sit though). And the level of required moderation would be impossible.

As such places like this will always be necessary and so the club should look for a better working relationship, at least with the larger forums.

I agree. Independent forums will always permit greater freedom of expression and I see nothing that an official forum would ever give us that we don't already have. The only problem is one being talked up by Murray, Smith and bandwagon journos - it's apparently a problem for them, not for us.

Their trouble is that they're looking in an opinion mirror and seeing something ugly thay'd rather not see. Tough shit.

I agree. Independent forums will always permit greater freedom of expression and I see nothing that an official forum would ever give us that we don't already have. The only problem is one being talked up by Murray, Smith and bandwagon journos - it's apparently a problem for them, not for us.

Their trouble is that they're looking in an opinion mirror and seeing something ugly thay'd rather not see. Tough shit.

Yep, while the fans and the club heirarchy are so far apart (possibly the worst it's been in a long while, with the likelihood it will only get worse) there will be nothing but distrust and enmity between the two.

Out of interest is the number of people active on online forums greater than the membership of the RSA, RST etc and therefore perhaps the organisations that the club should look with working with instead to reach the greatest number of fans? I assume this to be the case.

I'd certainly agree the sheer number of 'online' fans means the disrespect the club are affording us is rather misguided.

We're not a big forum (~1000 members) but FF and RangersMedia will have around 30000 members between them. Obviously it's impossible to say how many of these numbers are actually bears.