Fans sought over Uefa Cup rioting

Guest Jum Spence

A lot of the people who are seen causing bother on the videos etc don't seem to be wearing rangers tops or even blue tops but this has not been mentioned anywhere I can see. I'm not saying there are not Rangers fans but how does anyone know they are for sure?

It doesn't say it on the BBC but other places such as the Daily retard the headlines say '47 Rangers fans hunted by police over EUFA cup final riot'.

I agree with Frankie 49 out of 150,000 or more is not that bad considering all the circumstances.

Why does nothing else get reported on such a scale as our club does?

Edited by johnnyk

I noticed on one of the reports the GMP also said not all these people will be Rangers fans and some are likely to be from various parts of the UK etc.

But the rags/radio have been very slow to add that into their reports.

A lot of the people who are seen causing bother on the videos etc don't seem to be wearing rangers tops or even blue tops but this has not been mentioned anywhere I can see. I'm not saying there are not Rangers fans but how does anyone know they are for sure?

It doesn't say it on the BBC but other places such as the Daily retard the headlines say '47 Rangers fans hunted by police over EUFA cup final riot'.

I agree with Frankie 49 out of 150,000 or more is not that bad considering all the circumstances.

Why does nothing else get reported on such a scale as our club does?

We have sat back and let the club be funked over for 2-3 years and its coming home to roost.....under the current regime these gutter rags know they can say/print what they want and get away with it because nobody from Rangers will bother to say or do anything about it...infact they will probably agree.

Where as if it was Septic....Peter Liarwell would be all over it like a cheap suit.

I noticed on one of the reports the GMP also said not all these people will be Rangers fans and some are likely to be from various parts of the UK etc.

But the rags/radio have been very slow to add that into their reports.

Indeed they have.

I think we're kidding ourselves on if we try and suggest some of the obvious young neds in the photos are not bears. But, by and large, the vast vast majority of our fans were an absolute credit to the club in Manchester.

If the authorities want to examine why problems were evident, then the first place they have to look is the mirror.

Indeed they have.

I think we're kidding ourselves on if we try and suggest some of the obvious young neds in the photos are not bears. But, by and large, the vast vast majority of our fans were an absolute credit to the club in Manchester.

If the authorities want to examine why problems were evident, then the first place they have to look is the mirror.

GMP are more than happy to deflect and deny in this case as it more than cover their own failings on the day in question.

Albeit 200,000 people descending on a city is a massive operation but the city as a whole was ill equipped and ill prepared for such an invasion.

On the day you had City/Burnley/Rochdale/Stockport and various other groups roaming around the city....sadly it was always going to go at one point whatever happened when you mix these groups into 200,000+ possibly of us.

England is happy to try and deflect from their own hooligan culture these days....its not headline news nowadays yet it still goes on every weekend in umpteen cities but just isnt reported now in the same manner.

Agreed. 50 fans fighting is not an uncommon occurance at English matches...

the organisation for the day in Manchester was shambolic. Rangers should have been much stronger in pointing that out in their report.

They should have also pressed the Scottish Government to call for a public inquiry.

Agreed. 50 fans fighting is not an uncommon occurance at English matches...

And that's without over 150,000 fans in the streets not actually attending the match.

In fact over 200 Chelsea fans rioted in Fulham when they came out of the pubs after having lost the CL final - with no provocation whatsoever and there can only have been about 1000 to start with.

How many times does that get mentioned?