Firstly, I've got absolutely nothing against Fleck, I hope he can roduce the goods and turn into a key player for us this season and many others afterwards.

However, what must Aaron be thinking? First of all Naismith regains fitness and features in a game (St Johnstone) then, Fleck comes on as a sub and also starts a couple of games after rave reviews for the reserves and deservedly so. He really does look like a promising player right now from the few games he's played in.

The only reason I can think of why Aaron isn't featuring as much as we're all hoping for is because he isn't producing the goods for the reserves. If that's the case then WS is correct to overlook him but if not, and Naismith is being picked before him after returning from such a long layoff then Aaron must feel as if he's not wanted.

Can anyone shed any light on the matter?

There was a decent interview from Tommy Wilson the other week about the Aaron situation.

He sees him more as a player for next season as he thinks the lad is behind Fleck and Naismith in his development.

Agreed Gav, Aaron looked so promising and McCoist was raving about him the other week.

Im putting it down to the fact WS is far too negative to play an attacking player out wide.

Fleck and Aaron would be in my starting line up, Naismith would have to wait his turn.

Interesting to think what our possible team could be in a few years time:

____________________McGregor__________________

Whittaker______Bougherra_____Broadfoot______S Smith

Aaron________Davis_________Thomson_______Fleck

______________Boyd_______Naismith______________

EDIT: Obviously this would be when Mendes and Ferguson move on, but having Mendes in that team would be fantastic. The front line doesnt do much for me at all though, its far to 'SPL run of the mill'

Who knows, Lafferty may come good

Edited by Gribz

Im putting it down to the fact WS is far too negative to play an attacking player out wide.

Don't agree at all. In the last 3/4 matches we have had attacking players out wide in Fleck or Naismith.

As far as I am aware those 2 and Aaron are competing for the same position unless either of the Scots can earn a starting place in the front two.

I don't believe Aaron plays wide right. Is he not known as a LM>

Don't agree at all. In the last 3/4 matches we have had attacking players out wide in Fleck or Naismith.

As far as I am aware those 2 and Aaron are competing for the same position unless either of the Scots can earn a starting place in the front two.

We've only had this on the left due to the regulars like Adam and Beasley being rank. WS had no option but to try Fleck. But we still have Davis (central midfielder) playing right. Aaron can play either side, as can Fleck i believe

He can play anywhere in the offensive positions and is right footed.

:)

Agreed Gav, Aaron looked so promising and McCoist was raving about him the other week.

Fleck and Aaron would be in my starting line up, Naismith would have to wait his turn.

Interesting to think what our possible team could be in a few years time:

____________________McGregor__________________

Whittaker______Bougherra_____Broadfoot______S Smith

Aaron________Davis_________Thomson_______Fleck

______________Boyd_______Naismith______________

EDIT: Obviously this would be when Mendes and Ferguson move on, but having Mendes in that team would be fantastic. The front line doesnt do much for me at all though, its far to 'SPL run of the mill'

Who knows, Lafferty may come good

Funnily enough, that's exactly the team I envisaged too. Doesn't look half bad does it? I think we should give Naismith time - he showed a lot of promise at Killie. Sometimes we are too quick to reject players. Look at Ross McCormick; we could have perevered with him a bit more.