I'm never convinced with Smiths training techniques either. No one ever seems to improve as a player under his guidance.

Thats why Laudrup should be part of the set up. Im sure he would love to be part of the set up even on a P/T basis and he could pass on invaluable skills to players.

EDIT: I know a lot is said about bringing former players back to the club, but Laudrup has to be an exception. He is a true professional and gentleman and IMO the best ever Ger along with being a top world class player. He must be 40 this year so why wait for him to get older, just bring him in now.

Edited by Gribz

I'm never convinced with Smiths training techniques either. No one ever seems to improve as a player under his guidance.

I disagree there, macGregor and Hutton both improved vastly after Smith arrived, one becoming a 9M player after being out of favour with PLG and a boo boy under Eck, and the other was pretty much ignored by two managers and is now a first choice and considered worth 5M.

Broadfoot has also improved and Cuellar's value soared in one season, and Cousin wouldn't be loving life in the E.Prem without coming to Rangers.

Thomson has done well and Naismith was doing not too shoddy before his injury. Boyd has improved also and is now considered a better all round player. Papac has also improved since his time under PLG and become a very consistent left back.

Fleck is one of the youngest players we've had in the first team.

In balance some players have gone backwards or not improved - McCulloch has found reverse gear and put the pedal to the metal. Adam and Burke have not fullfilled early promise and Ferguson is a shadow of his former self. Laffery doesn't look like a 3.5M player and we haven't really seen Edu or Velicka.

Beasley has been also been rubbish since his injury.

In the past, Smith turned Gatusso from a bottom team player into 3.5M player that then went for 8.5M the next season and became captain of Italy.

Laudrup was considered a good player but he became a God while playing for Smith and he also got a lot out of Gazza. McCoist went from promising failure to legendary status. Andy Goram also improved immensely as did John Brown.

In FM09 or real life?

:fish:

Was wondering about that?

News to me.

If so, good business to agree a relatively low fee for a potential transfer before his value could rise. I know if he doesn't play etc it wont affect his value, we wont be able to judge and numeorus other issues I haven;t described.

My point is the business conducted was sound, even if the use of the player has not been.