I noticed this on another Rangers Site, very interesting, so I hope it is ok to post on GersNet.

''Jamie Ness and Danny Wilson are the obvious ones, anyone that watches the youths would know that. They have not got the same profile as John Fleck, partly due to the fact they are not attacking players.

Jamie Ness is a midfielder, good passer and wins a lot of ball in midfield, possibly similar to Nigel Spackman in style. Danny Wilson is footballing, left side centre half, and is actually younger than Fleck, he only turned 17 at the end of December. I think he may make his first appearance in the top team at left back as he has still got to develop a bit physically.

Gregg Wylde is the most improved this season, plays either left -back or left midfield, hopefully he will keep improving, needs to work on his right foot.

Of the younger players Darren Cole has played regularly for 19's this season, right back and reminds me of a young Alan Hutton. Kane Hemming the lad we signed from Tamworth has also impressed, a big powerful striker.

We have a lot of good young players, unfortunately its not an exact science. Some progress steadily, some take big leaps forward, other take steps back.

the site gives a brief profile on each player http://rfcyouths.wordpress.com/

If you want anymore info on any of them you can e-mail me from that site''.

Aye, elfideldo sends me the odd snippet of news from his blog which we publish on the main site and weekly newsletter from time to time...

A great site and well worth bookmarking.

Thanks for posting mate! :cool:

Seems to me that there is a bit of an age gap with these youngsters that could take a few years to bridge. There's no way we're going to fill the team with teenagers and I think Fleck is an exception for an exceptional talent.

Players with greater claims to first team places are those such as Whittaker, Webster (if ever fit), Beasley, Edu, Thomson (when fit again), Aaron, Furman, Naismith, Lafferty and Velicka.

IMO the toughest challange is ensuring that these promising young players make the gigantic step up to 'first team level'. We have witnessed promisng players in the past; Burke, Adam, MacLean, McCormack et al receive these same headlines, but fail to materialise into regular first team players.

There was no doubting that the players mentioned abovve showed genuine talent when they were introduced into the first team at a young age. However, that talent failed to shine on a regular basis.

Is this a coaching issue? I read somewhere on another forum that these palyers may be being introduced young enough, but aren't being established into the first team squad at a young enough age.

I would therefore like to see us have a link with another club where we can loan out these players and ensure that they receive as much first team action as possible and where they are watched by Rangers on a regular basis. I am sure Man U do this with a Belgian club

Might be problematic arraging this with a Scottish club (St Mirren, Falkirk or Hamilton - as they try to play football in the correct manner), but this could be arranged with a European club.

But agree with Frankie, I am genuinely enthused by this - probably down to the fact that Fleck does look like the genuine article

Cammy F

Seems to me that there is a bit of an age gap with these youngsters that could take a few years to bridge. There's no way we're going to fill the team with teenagers and I think Fleck is an exception for an exceptional talent.

Players with greater claims to first team places are those such as Whittaker, Webster (if ever fit), Beasley, Edu, Thomson (when fit again), Aaron, Furman, Naismith, Lafferty and Velicka.

I agree there seems to be an age gap that we will have to bridge, although having players like Naismith, Aaron, Fleck and the likes of Thomson and Davis help.

I wonder if Furman, Shinnie, McMillan etc. might have had more chance if they had been introduced earlier. I have noticed celtc are trying to buy in young players, looks like we are producing more than they are at this time.