Fleck didnt have his best game today but then he was always going to have an "off day".

The thing is though, that Fleck's "off day" was still better than anything we have seen from Beasley, Adam, McCulloch et al this season at LM.

That said though, and not to be unkind to the lad, but he did have a couple of bad touches (who doesnt ??) that led to some pretty decent possession for Celtic.

I agree though, the tactics actually stifled the play of the lad. I felt, and still do, that had he been given licence to play his own game, he would have ripped Hinkel a new arsehole. As it was, he was left clicking his heels trying to get involved.

Felt sorry for him today as 4-1-4-1 / 4-5-1 completely nullifies his natural game. Could have genuinely hurt Celtic in an attacking game.

I honestly dont believe that the 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1 hurt his game. What I felt hurt his game was that he so obviously (to me at least) was told not to get too far forward.

FFS, there were times in the 1st half that Lafferty was tackling the Celtic RB almost on the halfway line - because Fleck was covering his LB and was about 35 yards from his own goal.

For me, the tactics rather than the formation hindered Fleck today.

I think it's clear the tactics were all wrong today and out to 'not lose' the game rather than go for it.

As said, the full backs didnt get forward (when we did look dangerous was the few times Broadfoot came up) but Fleck and Davis were far to deep. Me an my neighbour were tearing our hair out over this yet towards the end already resigned ourselves to a draw.

The sad thing is that the draw, on paper, actually did suit us today.

My worry is that today was very much an opportunity lost. They were there for the taking, they are (without being biased) PISH, and we should have won.

But what we did was effectively put pressure on ourselves to win the last OF game of the season.

It was no coincidence that when Boadfoot got forward we looke more potent. Not because it was Broadfoot but because we committed people forward.

For the first 60 mins we refused to do it, willing Celtic onto us and doing nothing in return. To be fair, it could have paid off because they did the very same thing against us at Ibrox.

What I felt hurt his game was that he so obviously (to me at least) was told not to get too far forward.

Agree with that. Did you notice how restrained Broadfoot was, particularly in the first half? He's hurt Celtic before by running the touchline but it was obvious from kick-off yesterday he'd been told to reign himself in.

Agree with that. Did you notice how restrained Broadfoot was, particularly in the first half? He's hurt Celtic before by running the touchline but it was obvious from kick-off yesterday he'd been told to reign himself in.

It is so obvious a blind man could see it.

Say what you will about Broadfoot but we actually only looked dnagerous when Broadfoot got himself forward.

I reckon that in the 1st half Broadfoot and Papc must have spent about 1 minute in total in the opponent's half and NONE of that wa due to Celtic pressure but, ratherm due to the tactics we were sent out with.

Fleck's ingenuity, craft, guile and creativity were stifled not by Celtic but by his own task-masters. Given he has has been a leading light recently he is the one player we should have been saying "do what you like" to.

Yet he was reigned in, like Broadfoot, and we played a stifling game, looking for something on the break.

Again though, we potentially did better than they did out of this game - but I get a HUGE feeling of "opportunity lost". They really are shite, and we let them off the hook today.

But..... if they are shite.... then what are we ?????