Ibrox the way it was !

Great pics. The atmosphere must have been amazing. I know all the safety issues regarding the old terracing and why we needed all seater stadia but do you not agree that there is definately something lacking with the atmosphere at all modern grounds nowadays.

Now that is a proper football ground..... Atmosphere - stuffed in like sardines - giving it laldy!!! Don't think the east enclosure in the 80's and early 90's was nearly the same, but that was good - imagine how good that would have been...

Has the Lawrence report on stadia ruined the game robbing it of atmosphere?

PS: Think it was the Lawrence report - although it maybe wrong.!!

It was the Taylor report!

Excellent pics there. Doesn't even seem like the same ground

Ibrox was mostly seated (about 36,000 of them) before the Taylor report. The stadium is pretty much dedicated to those who lost their lives in the second Ibrox disaster and to prevent it ever happening again.

However I don't see how sitting down can ruin an atmosphere as Ibrox was pretty noisy in the eighties. In my opinion, it's having a season ticket for a specific seat that has done it. Most people no longer watch the game with a big bunch of mates which would give them the confidence to sing more songs.

In my opinion, it's having a season ticket for a specific seat that has done it. Most people no longer watch the game with a big bunch of mates which would give them the confidence to sing more songs.

Most definalty! ive said this in the past. The Broomloan has always been more noisey because there are groups of familys and mates who are all going along together.