That's what the second half of 2006/07 was about - shoring up the defence and steadying the ship.

That was two seasons ago.

As for Scotland - who cares.

It was actually a season and a half ago. He won two of 4 trophies last season and it could so easily have been a domestic treble but for very unique and exceptional circumstances. He "failed" in Europe - but how many managers before him got as far as he did ? Regardless of the tactics deployed he got to a European final which I am sure many of us felt that we would never see in our lifetimes.

And this season he currently sits atop the SPL, is in the final of the Co-op and quarters of the SC with a home tie. The only failing, results-wise, this year was Kaunas - unacceptable ? Yep.

Calscot says it often and loud - when you look at WS' tenure his performance actually makes for excellent reading. Was it his fault that we lost the SPL last year ? Sure PART of it was, but the players should shoulder responsibility as should the SPL as should Celtic for their obvious manipulation of the fixtures both regarding POD's tragic death and also during the climax to the season.

But who could we have installed as manager who would have been interested ? I think that this is sometimes forgotten during the WS debate. We wanted rid of Eck, we got it and replaced him with "Europe's finest young manager" - and how did that work out for us ?

That's totally irrelevant and has got nothing to do with the point I was making. It's notable that you only comment on my post where it deals with Smith and that may be why you seem to take everything out of context.

How exactly is quoting something that you write which I disagree with & I letting you know that (sarcastically or not), taking anything, never mind 'everything' out of context?

Are you making this up as you go? Why do you think football managers DO get sacked?

Mainly for being a complete failure, which Smith doesn't qualify for imo, but that's MY opinion & nothing more.

I don't give a monkey's how good you think Walter Smith is at not getting beat - he got beat by Kaunas.

And I don't give a monkey's that you think Walter Smith should have been sacked after we went out of Europe - or that you keep bleating on about how crap & undeserving of his position he is - he's still here. Get over it or get yourself a nice anti-Smith banner and take it to Ibrox with you. What do you think you'll achieve by telling a few thousand people on internet forums that you think he should have been sacked already & that he's not fit to manage the club? Just trying to rally up a wee anti-Smith support eh? Good luck with that. I don't think he's perfect by any means but I don't need you telling me that he's not fit to be our manager, when I know for a fact that he's the best in Scotland.

How exactly is quoting something that you write which I disagree with & I letting you know that (sarcastically or not), taking anything, never mind 'everything' out of context?

Mainly for being a complete failure, which Smith doesn't qualify for imo, but that's MY opinion & nothing more.

And I don't give a monkey's that you think Walter Smith should have been sacked after we went out of Europe - or that you keep bleating on about how crap & undeserving of his position he is - he's still here. Get over it or get yourself a nice anti-Smith banner and take it to Ibrox with you. What do you think you'll achieve by telling a few thousand people on internet forums that you think he should have been sacked already & that he's not fit to manage the club? Just trying to rally up a wee anti-Smith support eh? Good luck with that. I don't think he's perfect by any means but I don't need you telling me that he's not fit to be our manager, when I know for a fact that he's the best in Scotland.

Erm ... everything you said, reversed ..... then doubled. So there.

:flipa:

Erm ... everything you said, reversed ..... then doubled. So there.

:flipa:

Righty ho, so without the doubling thingie, just reversed for a laugh. :fish:

- You DO give a monkeys that I think Walter Smith should NOT have been sacked because of our exit from Europe this season or that I don't keep bleating on about how great & deserving of his position he is.

- Walter Smith is not still here, he was actually sacked after the Kaunas game.

- You think I should get over the fact that he got sacked for our Euro exit or go to Ibrox with a 'Walter Smith must came back. He shouldn't have been sacked' banner.

- You want to know what I think I'll achieve by telling a few thousand people on internet forums that I think he should NOT have been sacked already & that he's the best manager in Scotland to manage our club.

- You want to know if I'm just trying to rally pro-Smith support & wish me luck with it.

- You think Walter Smith is by all means perfect, but you don't need me telling you that he's fit to be our manager when you know for a fact that he's the worst manager in Scotland.

That's class... what a read!! :fish:

:devil: