Germans will be back for Beasley

I'd like to see Beasley get a run of games but I have my doubts about whether he's good enough. In saying that I don't think Naismith is good enough wide left and Fleck/Aaron are still rather raw.

Agree with Frankie, Norris.

I'm not denying he has had good performances Cammy. I just haven;t seen one in a long time and am not suprised he is not getting a regular shot from the little he has demonstrated this season.

But the guys been injured and the manager has insisted on playing players out wide left just to accomidate them in the team (Lafferty, Fleck, Naismith, McCulloch et al). He has done the same with Davis wide right, no matter how depremental this is to both the player(s) and the team.

He deserves an extended run in the team in his favoured position, he is a natural left winger and has shown that he can perform at the highest level. Walter Smith won't give him a run tho, he'll continue to waste the talents of Lafferty, Naismith and Fleck out on the left flank rather than use them in their correct positions.

I actually wonder why Davis and Lafferty were signed. Was Walter Smith aware that we'd be looking to punt players like Ferguson and Boyd in the transfer window and was planning to use Davis and Lafferty as their replacements? Otherwise, it's been an utter waste of ~�£5M that we don't have to waste.

Cammy F

While he's never been given an extended run in the team, there are too many games where Beasley has had a stinker. A poor return from the wages we're giving him. If we have to trim the squad from 28 to 20, he simply has to be on the cull list.

While he's never been given an extended run in the team, there are too many games where Beasley has had a stinker. A poor return from the wages we're giving him. If we have to trim the squad from 28 to 20, he simply has to be on the cull list.

At the expense of the likes of Gow, Adam, Hendami, Lafferty, Webster, Daily, McCulloch et al how it could be argued have been even bigger wastes of wages than Beasley?

Disclaimer - Lafferty situation isn't the lads fault, but he has been utter gash for us this season.

EDIT - If we receive any type of bid for Beasley over the �£1M mark we'll sell him - we are fooked financially so Bain will be under instruction to take any bid for any of our players. Sadly, that'll leave us with the 'dross' that no one else wants.....

Cammy F

Edited by CammyF

Worst performance of the season was Beasley against Hamilton earlier this season. Lafferty's performace at the w/e was 10 times better, and even that was patchy.

I find it difficult to see any justification for Beasley being in the team. He just doesn't appear to be able to handle Scottish football.

Worst performance of the season was Beasley against Hamilton earlier this season. Lafferty's performace at the w/e was 10 times better, and even that was patchy.

I find it difficult to see any justification for Beasley being in the team. He just doesn't appear to be able to handle Scottish football.

What, worse than Boyd's in the opening game of the season at Falkirk where he spent the entire game on his arse moping about like a spoilt brat? Worst display I've witnessed by a Rangers player in a long, long time, and the worst attitude I've seen displayed by a Rangers player in a long, long time.

Cammy F

At the expense of the likes of Gow, Adam, Hendami, Lafferty, Webster, Daily, McCulloch et al how it could be argued have been even bigger wastes of wages than Beasley?

Disclaimer - Lafferty situation isn't the lads fault, but he has been utter gash for us this season.

EDIT - If we receive any type of bid for Beasley over the �£1M mark we'll sell him - we are fooked financially so Bain will be under instruction to take any bid for any of our players. Sadly, that'll leave us with the 'dross' that no one else wants.....

Cammy F

I never argued he was a bigger waste of a wage than those players you list. With the exception of Lafferty who is being played out of position, they're all as much of a waste of a wage as each other.

I just get the feeling that some fans think that because Beasley's played for big teams before, it's only a matter of time before he comes good for Rangers. While I admit that Smith hasn't given him a fair crack of the whip on the left, the hard-nosed fact is that 18 months after signing, Beasley has done very little to justify a wage. Unfair or not, I'd now consider Fleck and Aaron before I did Beasley. Would love him to prove me wrong because he's a good guy.

I also agree with Bluedell that he just doesn't look happy in the physical game we have here. At times he makes Rod Wallace look like Jonah Lomu.

The only reason behind me wanting Beasley to get an extended run in his favoured position is that he is the only natural left-winger we own. Call me old fashioned, but I like players playing in their natural positions, not a team thrown together just to justify the signing or selection of certain players.

Walter Smith said a fortnight before Fleck's debut that there were no young players capable of breaking into the first team. After the furore of the potential sale of Boyd and the backlash that created, Fleck (and Aaron to a lesser extent) was thrown into the spotlight. We all knew that he wouldn't get a game in his favoured position and I think we all knew that he get thrown into the left wing position.

This is unfair on the player and is depremental to the overall team performance and overall team ability. As is playing 4 centre-halves across the back four (why did WS waste money on the likes of Webster, Lafferty, Velicka et al instead of signing much needed full backs?) and playing Steve Davis at right-wing.

Cammy F