Sadly missing from action on Sunday......

...... will be the uplifting sound of the The Billy Boys ringing around the old stadium. Surely the most inspiring football song ever, now banned by the collusion of the serially offended and the odious media in our own country. Offensive, my arse, praising the murder of soldiers and policemen is offensive.

One day I hope we have the balls to leave this absurd shadow of false shame and sing this great song again. Until we do I'll always feel something is missing. :(

I fail to see how an impartial court of law could deduce that TBB is sectarian while at the same time taking such a laissez-faire stance with the scum and their terrorist-glorifying - or as John 'sexpest' Reid calls it, "political" - repertoire. If they ban TBB, 75% of their songbook would have to follow. To say TBB is bigotted is simply shite, it's a pathetic, politically correct conclusion, from the same thinking that says the 4-line Famine Song is "racist" and "mocks the famine".

Let's have a wee competition and see which set of fans contravene the Terrorism Act 2006, which states that it is...

"...a criminal offence to directly or indirectly incite or encourage others to commit acts of terrorism. This will include the glorification of terrorism..."

Not the law of Celtic supporting journalists' imagination, but the law of the land.

Remember, if Celtic can get away with their IRA songbook on the grounds that it is "political", it therefore follows that the term "f enian" cannot be deemed sectarian. Thus The Billy Boys is no more offensive than Killie's "Ayr blood" or Dundee's "Arab blood".

I say the Rangers haters wouldn't have a leg to stand on if this was put through the courts, but I'm not sure I'd want to be the poor bastard taking it through the courts of the Republic of Scotland in 2009.

There's only one way to have this out once and for all, and that is for 50,000 Bears to belt it out, probably with "f enian" replaced, and let the Rangers-haters show their cards and either put up or shut up. It would force a definitive, legal, binding conclusion to the affair.

Can you imagine the day when we're all sitting at Ibrox at an OF game, belting out our famous anthem - having been given the all clear to do so - and watching the scumbags squirm knowing they could do nothing but sit there and listen.

I know what you're saying but I'm not really interested in what the other mob sing or say. I'm offended only by their existence. I take no offence at being called a hun and feel it's petty in the extreme when other bears pretend to be mortally wounded when they hear the word uttered by some cheap celebrity. Their songs mean nothing compared to the loss of our own freedom to express our culture and allegiances.

To be brutally honest, there is so much I find unacceptable in our depressingly corrupt little country that it would be a pleasure to live elsewhere. I doubt if Scotland is unique but the infestation of famine dodgers, manipulated by the catholic church and exploited by politicians is gnawing at the heart of a society already worn down by an identity crisis going back many generations. There's virtually no freedom here in this jungle of political correctness and false victimhood?

The Billy Boys will never return as a result of some challenge in court. Such challenge would never be allowed to succeed. It will only ever be sung in defiance of laws that allow the police to interpret as they choose. And society today looks to me to be far too cowed to challenge anyone about anything. We might win a football match on Sunday but we've already lost something far more important. Celebrate if you're blind enough.

The Billy Boys will never return as a result of some challenge in court. Such challenge would never be allowed to succeed. It will only ever be sung in defiance of laws that allow the police to interpret as they choose. And society today looks to me to be far too cowed to challenge anyone about anything. We might win a football match on Sunday but we've already lost something far more important. Celebrate if you're blind enough.

It's a sad fact that we as a support have lost much of our spirit and certainly our unity. A neutral observer would simply surmise that we're happy to do whatever the Celtic-minded authorities tell us. I - and I'm sure many other fans - didn't at the time realise what the whole UEFA thing in Villareal meant, but it's now clear that that was the end of Rangers as we knew it.

It's a sad fact that we as a support have lost much of our spirit and certainly our unity. A neutral observer would simply surmise that we're happy to do whatever the Celtic-minded authorities tell us. I - and I'm sure many other fans - didn't at the time realise what the whole UEFA thing in Villareal meant, but it's now clear that that was the end of Rangers as we knew it.

There is no way a court of law can prosecute you for something you did not do so if the words are changed then the problem is solved.

Up to the knees in ****** blood is the problem so let's get something better.

There is no way a court of law can prosecute you for something you did not do so if the words are changed then the problem is solved.

Up to the knees in ****** blood is the problem so let's get something better.

But a problem for who ...... and why? The word f.enian is clearly only offensive because someone has claimed to be offended by it. That opportunity will persist no matter what words are changed. The real problem hear is that social morals are now entirely driven by contrived victimhood rather than by any serious analysis of content. If we chose to sing about f.enian blood then who's business is it to say we can't. What is happening here is the suppression of choice for entirely bogus reasons, invented to support the sectional interests of some extremely dubious people.

Just stop and think about the absurdity of the situation we find ourselves in. We live in a country where you can be jailed for singing a song at a football match. How fukking pathetic is that. And now we are tuned, ears agog, to every celtic match to log what is sung there, just so that we can extract some kind of quid pro quo and ensure this nonsense is perpetuated.

And now we are tuned, ears agog, to every celtic match to log what is sung there, just so that we can extract some kind of quid pro quo and ensure this nonsense is perpetuated.

Are you suggesting that we shouldn't do that and not fight fire with fire?

The Billy Boys will never return as a result of some challenge in court.

Disagree with you here. I think the only way this nonsense will end is to have it out once and for all. TBB is assuredly political as any half-decent lawyer could easily aver. The 'sectarian' tag is conveniently added by our enemies to try to make it actionable and it this which should be challenged.

In any event, if a law is a bad law then we have a duty to defy it. These corrupt morons in power only govern with the consent of us, the people. The Poll Tax laws were unjust so they were resisted. They cannot jail 40,000 people for singing a song when paedophiles walk free from court and the likes of Mandelson can spend thousands of pounds of taxpayers money on flowers FFS.