My arguement is that Alex Mc won the SPL title twice and in both seasons faced huge financial contstraints that meant that he lost between ~5 players each season and wasn't allowed to replace them with players of a similar standard. However, I said on the back of both SPL titles that these victories, whilst being welcome were merely papering over the cracks that were appearing both on and off the field. I have continually said that WS and his enterage and AMc and his are merely symptons and not the real problem. The real problem that we face is a chairmain who is a liar and a charlatan and who is destroying our club. However, WS is guilty of mismanagement given that he has all but wasted �£20M on players who aren't performing or delivering. He is also guilty of costing a CL place this season and bottling situations where we were in a position to build on a position of strength. This isn't just about a one-off cup final where he selected the incorrect team and formation and brought on a baffling sub. This is about surrendering a significant lead last season that ultimately lost us the SPL title (you can argue about circumstances, but the bottom line is that WS tactics lost us the title last season - end of story) and looks like costing us the SPL title this season, as well as the chance of the domestic treble.

Wlater Smith has spunked over �£20M in the summer on players who he deems not good enough to (1) play in their natural positions or, and most worryingly (2) JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH. That �£20M was wasted AFTER him losing a CL qualifier to a pub team, a result that cost the clud �£10M in revenue and untold damage to our reputation.

The season that AMc finished 3rd, he also got us to within a whisker of the CL quarter finals where we were unlucky to be defeated by a team that went on to the semi-finals and were themselves unlucky to lose to Arsenal.

AMc is the last Rangers manager to win the league title and a domestic treble and he did this against a Celtc team that were spending more than they ever did and were going through their 2nd most successful period in their history. Their manager at the time was lauded as a genius, yet AMc matched him trophy for trophy over their period in charge of their clubs. Again, it is worth repeating that whilsts Celtc were splashing the cash, AMc was losing all his top performers and was still challanging on the pitch.

This Rangers team thrown together by Walter Smith isn't performing. We can't even get the basics right and you have to wonder what we do at Murray Park on a daily basis. From what we are witnessing on the pitch we are certainly not practicing throw-ins, corners, free kicks, crossing, shooting, passing and moving etc as we fail to achieve any of the above on the field during a match.

It can be argued that Walter Smith's Rangers team have gone backwards from last season in terms of performance and ability to win compititions that is despite the injection of over �£20M into the squad.

If certain Rangers fans are happy with the current state of affairs on and off the pitch then fine, that is their parogative. However, as a Rangers fan, I'll never settle for 2nd best and surely I am entitled to that opinion and entitled to show my furstration at the undenyable crippling state of affairs that my club is in?

Cammy F

Edited by CammyF

Guest adamski

If our esteemed Chairman (don't laugh) had one iota of how to run a modern football club, he'd have had Smith away from the Manager's chair after that abomination before the league started

McCoist would not have fared any less this season so far I would heavily wager. We tend to play the ball into wide areas and play with two up front when he is in charge.

He also changes the side when required, not after we've gone one down with 15 minutes left

Walter Smith's time was up in 1997. He was allowed to stay on in the job and ruin a once in a lifetime achievement through arrogance.

His arrogance is still vividly prevalant today. Look at the teamsheet tomorrow to witness the same duds who failed last week keep their places

Yep, the teamsheet tomorrow will certainly give an indication of Smith's stubbornness.

However, I must question your defence of McCoist mate. While I agree it's unlikely he'd do any worse, he is the one supposedly in charge of cup games, yet he made some poor decisions last week.

Even if he wasn't in charge last Sunday, in that game (and others) he is just as responsible as Smith regarding tactics and personnel.

Guest adamski
Yep, the teamsheet tomorrow will certainly give an indication of Smith's stubbornness.

However, I must question your defence of McCoist mate. While I agree it's unlikely he'd do any worse, he is the one supposedly in charge of cup games, yet he made some poor decisions last week.

Even if he wasn't in charge last Sunday, in that game (and others) he is just as responsible as Smith regarding tactics and personnel.

Smith did all the pre-match press and post-match

McCoist was shoved aside sadly last week. It most certainly wasn't his side.

A lot of people were not happy at being shoved aside last week.

Smith did all the pre-match press and post-match

McCoist was shoved aside sadly last week. It most certainly wasn't his side.

A lot of people were not happy at being shoved aside last week.

So what is McCoist saying about it?

If it were me I'd be chapping the manager's door and demanding answers. If my decisions weren't to be trusted or acknowledged then I'd be considering resignation.

Guest adamski
So what is McCoist saying about it?

If it were me I'd be chapping the manager's door and demanding answers. If my decisions weren't to be trusted or acknowledged then I'd be considering resignation.

"don't know sir"

:sigh::sigh:

We can only hope McCoist is doing the above...

Then I'd respect him more than simply being another member of a management team that appears devoid of ideas to bring back the SPL title. But without inside info I guess I'm being rather harsh...

Was it not in the papers that Smith came out and said Ally would be back to the normal No.2 role? WS was taking charge. Im sure in the same article it said Ally picked the team but was still supervised by WS.

For me, at the moment I'd rather Ally be in charge and I was one of WS defenders but am severely losing faith in him