Has Our Title Dream Died!

Normally I'd say that depending on todays result, we may still have a chance in the SPL title race. However, I don't believe that this Rangers team can achieve more points than the current Celtc team between now and the end of the season - looks like Celtc's title by default.

Cammy F

I think relying on the Old Firm game 'because we're at home', as some fans seem to be doing, is pretty naive. To assume we'll take 3 points off them, not to mention win all our other games while they slip up, is a massive assumption.

The most games we have won in a row this season is 4, and that was in Aug/Sep.

I'm starting to get deja vu from McLeish's final season, that feeling that any team might fancy their chances against us. Of course we're overwhelming favourites, but in our fuck-ups this season we don't seem to discriminate between top 6 sides and bottom 6 sides (St Mirren, Inverness). After all, St Mirren did beat us when we were supposedly on a roll after the piggery 4-2.

I remember how confident I was before St Johnstone last season...

I'm getting some deja vu from Eck's second last season...

You may not like our manager or our players, but unless you support another team called Rangers, they're the only one's we have. Maybe it's time people woke up to that, as you're not going to wake up to find we've changed manager and bought a whole new team.

If you're actually a supporter of Rangers is not time to get behind your team? There are fights to fight about where our club is going but that must be kept separate from supporting the team, or what is the point?

Pessimistically we've probably got about 45% chance of winning the league, that's a pretty good shout for fans who sing "No surrender", "Follow follow" and "We are the people".

3pts to make up in 9 games, with a home game against Celtic, I can tell you I'm up for it.

No surrender and keep believing...

3pts to make up in 9 games, with a home game against Celtic, I can tell you I'm up for it.

This home game against Celtic. As I've said in another thread, it's a massive assumption that we'll win that and also our other games, which is most likely what it'll take to win the league. The most wins we've strung together this season was 4, back in Aug/Sep, which was also the last time we beat Celtic. Also, from the evidence of this season, home advantage doens't seem to count for anything in Old Firm games right now.

We got let out of jail big time this weekend and not for the first time this season. We've been extremely lucky and we're running out of games to take advantage of their slip-ups. Of course you might say Celtic are saying the same thing - but it's them who are 3 points clear with nine games left. There are some capable players at Ibrox but I question their bottle.

I'm getting some deja vu from Eck's second last season...

Wouldn't that be magnificent. Unfortunately that was another season where we came very close to blowing it when the heat was on, and had to rely on events the like of which we may never see again in our lifetimes.