Loking back, would you take PLG back or would you stick with WS?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Loking back, would you take PLG back or would you stick with WS?

• Take PLG back
    • Keep WS

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Personally, I think PLG would've gotten it right for us. However, I can see why SDM got rid, with the exception of the Ferguson incident. I still don't agree with SDM siding with Ferguson.

Anyway, that's not the point of the poll.

Given the circumstances of this season would you rather be back where we were under PLG or are you happier with WS back in charge?

Hindsight tells me I would liked to have persevered with PLG for a while longer even if the results were awful at the time.

Difficult question to answer without knowing the full facts of the PLG/Ferguson affair though.

While sometimes managers need time, at a club like Rangers they have to be half decent during that time - especiallly when the virtual norm for a new OF manager is to win the title in the first full season - which even WS would have done this time with a level playing field.

The trouble with persevering with an abject failure is that you have absolutely no guarantee that things will eventually come good. That he's done it somewhat with PSG does not mean he'd have done it with Rangers - especially with our fans. As a parallel, would anyone have fancied finishing fourth or fifth bottom before he sorted it out and rose to the giddy heights of third?

Who is to say that given time, Walter won't improve as much as PLG seeing as he's been five times as good as Frenchman to start with?

A very slight improvement by WS over last season could bring us a quadruple...

However, I can see why SDM got rid, with the exception of the Ferguson incident. I still don't agree with SDM siding with Ferguson.

I don't believe SDM did side with Ferguson. He was apparently willing to back PLG if he committed to the club, but he wasn't willing to do that so they agreed to go their separate ways.

If SDM had backed Fergie, PLG would surely have taken a pay-off anyway.

I think the reason I wish PLG had been given more of an opportunity is because he symbolises the kind of changes I'd like to see at the club - even if his tenure was flawed in itself.

As such, while I may not wish to go back to him, I would like to see changes in our managerial approach to embody a more continental strategy.