Due to the formation/tactics we played and results we got last season it's easy to say that now. He could easily have scored the goals to help us through if he did play some of these games as all he needs is a sniff of goal and he takes it.

I said it before the games and said it after. It's hardly said with hindsight.

Sorry, but I can't accept that we would have got results against in any of the games playing with Boyd in the team. Walter's defensive tactics were all that got us through. We could not have done that with Boyd there.

I said it before the games and said it after. It's hardly said with hindsight.

Sorry, but I can't accept that we would have got results against in any of the games playing with Boyd in the team. Walter's defensive tactics were all that got us through. We could not have done that with Boyd there.

that's your opinion no problem, but if someone doesn't get a fair chance then we will never know. I think he has proved he can score goals and given a chance in europe IMO he would probably do the same!!

I think we could have got through even if Boyd played.........

I think the point DB is trying to make is that since we have very few genuine candidates for POTY this year, it seems strange that the top scorer in the country by miles is not even short-listed - especially when it's previously been given to many players who topped the scoring charts.

Going back to Boyd for POTY, there have been too many crap games from him to warrant that - Killie, Inverness, Hearts, Celtic etc.

Bougherra has not been great every game either and has cost us goals has he not?

I think the point DB is trying to make is that since we have very few genuine candidates for POTY this year, it seems strange that the top scorer in the country by miles is not even short-listed - especially when it's previously been given to many players who topped the scoring charts.

For me goals count 1st as he is a striker and scoring goals is what he is paid to do, the rest of his game comes 2nd for me, that's what we have other players for IMO...........

I would love him to be a better player all round but if he was i doubt he would be in the SPL..........

that's your opinion no problem, but if someone doesn't get a fair chance then we will never know. I think he has proved he can score goals and given a chance in europe IMO he would probably do the same!!

I think we could have got through even if Boyd played.........

Boyd has proved that he can't play up front himself, and I don't believe we would have got anywhere in Europe playing 4-4-2, given the players we had. We didn't have the ability to beat teams playing football, and had to resort to a counter-attacking style.

Boyd may have scored the odd goal in Europe but we would have ended up conceding a lot more if he had being playing. That's as much a criticism of the other players in the team as it is Boyd, but for us to progress, we could only do it in one style and that doesn't suit Boyd's game.