RANGERS will have three home fixtures after the split but the SPL will not announce the full list until after the clash with Hibs at Easter Road.

Hibs have clinched their place in the top six without kicking a ball as Motherwell crashed 2-0 at home to St Mirren yesterday.

They were one point ahead of Mark McGhee's team and the victory for Gus Macpherson's side consigns Well to the bottom six and therfore no chance of European football.

So in the remaining five matches Rangers will face Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee United, Hearts and Hibs.

The Old Firm game has already been scheduled for May 9 but it remains to be seen when and where Rangers will play the other sides.

The SPL has to endeavour to make sure that each of the 12 sides in the division play 19 home games and they have confirmed that Rangers will have three post-split home matches.

The full list of post-split fixtures are as follows (all kick-offs 1500 unless stated otherwise):

2 May

Falkirk v Motherwell

Hamilton v Kilmarnock

St Mirren v Inverness CT

Aberdeen v Celtic (1230)

Hibernian v Dundee United

3 May

Rangers v Hearts (1530)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 May

Hearts v Hibernian (1945)

9 May

Kilmarnock v Falkirk

St Mirren v Motherwell

Dundee United v Aberdeen

Rangers v Celtic (1230)

10 May

Inverness CT v Hamilton (1400)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13 May

Hamilton v Falkirk (1945)

Kilmarnock v St Mirren (1945)

Motherwell v Inverness CT (1945)

12 May

Celtic v Dundee United (1945)

13 May

Aberdeen v Hearts (1945)

Hibernian v Rangers (1945)

16 May

Falkirk v St Mirren

Hamilton v Motherwell

Kilmarnock v Inverness CT

Hearts v Dundee United

Rangers v Aberdeen (1230)

17 May

Hibernian v Celtic (1300)

23 May

Inverness CT v Falkirk (1230)

Motherwell v Kilmarnock (1230)

St Mirren v Hamilton (1230)

24 May

Aberdeen v Hibernian (1300)

Celtic v Hearts (1300)

Dundee United v Rangers (1300)

3 homes is a massive point in our favour. Relieved not to be going to Tynecastle or Pittodrie again.

Why are we never at home on the last day? We always seem to be away

Generally they make it that the league winners play at home on the last day. That's why we don't do it very often.

Generally they make it that the league winners play at home on the last day. That's why we don't do it very often.

I think you are right but that hardly makes it equitable.

Hopefully we wont need the final game but, if we do, yet again WE are the ones having do do the business in the final game on the road.

Given we have 3 of the final 5 games at home it again hardly seems equitable that our final game should be away. So of the first 4 games we are at home 3 times.

That said, 9 points from the 3 home games and I suspect we will be champions.

If it isnt over by the final game then we will be in for a huge nail-biter as Utd are always a tough game, home or away. The Jambos are a tough game at Tynecastle but dont travel too well.

A case of you can please some of the people some of the time.etc.

I can hear some fans saying why is last game at home when the league may be decided by then. personally i think the whole split system is bullshit but that is just my opinion. All it does is make it interesting for one or two teams seven or eight games out.

I think you are right but that hardly makes it equitable.

Don't have a problem with it myself, as long as they are consistent with it. Just a benefit of winning the league.

Doesn't always work like that though. Remember Helicopter Sunday?

The SPL champions always play at home first the following season to unfurl the SPL flag meaning the runners up play at home on the last game of the season.

Well, that was pre-split anyway. :sigh:

So we'll have played Hibs three time at Easter Road then? Are Celtic playing any club 3 times away from home this season?