Last Transfer you were genuinley excited about ?

In the wake of us being linked with lots of SPL run of the mill players that dont get the heart racing and get you excited at watching them in action.

Who in the past has got you excited about signing for Rangers.

Here is mine.

Souness - Was at Primary School but remeber all the excitement going on at the time.

Gazza - had to go an greet him at Ibrox when he arrived , was pandamonium the man is a legend.

Laudrup - Was so excited as had watched him light up Euro 92 and couldnt believe he was going to sign for us.

Ronald De Boer - Absolutly loved this guy was a genuine world class Midfielder

and was an honour to watch him play , his brother was no bad too ;)

Claudio Canigga - Gave Dundee pennies for this Argentinian Superstar of the 90's , was in his twilight but was still an exciting player to watch and funny too.

Tore Andre Flo - Was as astounded as anyone at the time that we could afford to spend �£12M on anyone and was excited as Flo had a great scoring record but was not to work out for the big man.

Michael Mols - See clips of him for Utrecht on the net and was mesmorised and couldnt wait till he arrived and we were not let down until his horror injury

against Bayern , was a delight to see Mols in action for the Bears.

Dado Prso - Watched him run riot in the Champions League for Monaco and read all the papers with him being linked to Rangers and was saying no way

but he did come and What a signing he was a total class act , a dodgy knee

ended his Ibrox career short , What would you do to have Dado in the team today.

Kris Boyd - Kilmarnock Goal Machine now Rangers Goal Machine

Stevie Naismith - Watched him score a peach against us at the end of the season and sign for us at the last minute of the transfer window , has yet to completly shine at Ibrox but has time on his side.

De - Marcus Beasley - Had watched him play for PSV and rated him high,y and was glad we signed him had been a bit hot and cold in his Gers Career so far i still think he is worth keeping.

I know we have signed a number of decent players since , but these are the players i was excited about signing for Rangers.

Now we are in the days of chasing 1st division stars and championship players

how times have changed for us.

Cheers :cheers:

:rfc:

I don't think that Mols really excited me either as I hadnt seen much of him. That changed when his on-field perfomances for us started to show what kind of player he was.

I will NEVER forget the day he single-handedly murdered Motherwell at Ibrox. I think he beat about 4 Motherwell defenders inside their own box in the space of about 3 yards and rifled one in. The defenders didn't know what city they were in, their heads were spinning so much.

We had a Man U fan with us that day - he has a box at Old Trafford and after Mols scored his 3rd he says "you guys will never be able to keep hold of him - he will end up in England with one of the big teams at the end of the season". And but for his injury I reckon that guy could have been right.

Laudrup signed before Gazza so the last one to truly excite me would be Gazza.

Unfair but the signings which usually excite are the flair players. I was also impressed (but not excited) that we signed Boumsong.

You've got wildly different levels of excitement there that reflect the downsizing of our ambitions (at least at management level) and also realistically the level at which we now operate at a financial and football level.

The last signings to resonate on an international level would be Gazza and Laudrup.

Flo was huge because of the price and buying him off of an upper level EPLteam.

Like Craig I was not familiar with Mold really pre-signing, more due to my own ignorance no doubt.

Prso had scored 4 in a CL game, but was really unkown and is reflected by the fact that he was still a mechanic in his 20's playing lower division Fench football.

I understand your excitement at Boyd and too a later extent Naismith. Who isn't excited by attacking players who score goals. But they're not even close to the same class as the Gazza's, Laudrup's or even Mols's.

Beasley I wasn't overly enthused by due to his "failure" at Man City and the fact he had fallen away at PSV. Pete put a dampener on it to :whistle:, but we've fairly been proven correct.

No one on the list really compares with Laudrup/Gazza, with Cannigia and De Boer just behind.

The others were exciting for various reasons, but to nowhere near the extent of those named above.

TBF it would be Gazza, Wilkins, Laudrup and Hateley. Not in any particular order...

I think that about sums it up for me. Even before that when we were signing lots of internationalists under Souness it was pretty exciting, especially as the first we usually knew about it was when they were paraded at Ibrox.

I don't think there was as much excitement about Laudrup as many remember. We'd just narrowly missed out on the CL final and he was a perpetual bench-warmer for Milan who was farmed out to Fiortina.

People were excited but not THAT excited and in fact, the CL winner, Boli stole most of the headlines.

Laudrup was a revelation that was not really anticipated by most.

For Gazza, again I think there is some rose tinted memories, many fans thought he was passed it and also his temperament was considered a liability.

Hateley came to a luke warm reception and was booed for about a year.

McCoist was considered a bit of a failure at Sunderland.

Cannigia came from Dundee and so you can imagine the sentiments.

Prso was a bosman and although considered to have potential, I don't remember THAT much excitement. Those who went to the Fulham game were probably excited after his immense bicycle kick goal though.

The last players I was excited by their arrivals were Mendes and Thomson before that. I was also very keen to see what Cuellar would be like as he had great write-ups.

Hateley had a really tough time of things trying to win the fans over as McCoist spent a lot of time on the bench (remember The Judge?) as a result. I think for me, as a young lad, it was great to see us signing so many famous players. Even the guys at the end of their careers (usually former internationalists) who weren't with us for long, they used to contribute something to each of the league title or cup wins before moving on again.

I don't think there was as much excitement about Laudrup as many remember. We'd just narrowly missed out on the CL final and he was a perpetual bench-warmer for Milan who was farmed out to Fiortina.

People were excited but not THAT excited and in fact, the CL winner, Boli stole most of the headlines.

Laudrup was a revelation that was not really anticipated by most.

For Gazza, again I think there is some rose tinted memories, many fans thought he was passed it and also his temperament was considered a liability.

Hateley came to a luke warm reception and was booed for about a year.

McCoist was considered a bit of a failure at Sunderland.

Cannigia came from Dundee and so you can imagine the sentiments.

Prso was a bosman and although considered to have potential, I don't remember THAT much excitement. Those who went to the Fulham game were probably excited after his immense bicycle kick goal though.

The last players I was excited by their arrivals were Mendes and Thomson before that. I was also very keen to see what Cuellar would be like as he had great write-ups.

You mention under-whelming excitement at all those players and then mention Thomson ??? There was very little excitement over Thomson's signing IIRC.

Mendes I will give you though.

Asides, the question was aimed at a personal level, not collective. Personally I was VERY excited at the thought of Gazza playing for us.

Actually, probably the biggest collective excitement over a signing in the past few years has been.......... Scott Brown !!!

Ronald De Boer for me and to be honest when we signed Frank after that and had the De Boer twins. Remember watching those guys at Barca and Ajax and thinking 'if only' and the they were at Ibrox. Changed days - now it's Stephen Hughs and Andy Doram - exciting? Don't think so:confused: