PREMIERSHIP heavyweights Arsenal have invited Rangers to take part in the prestigious Emirates Cup at the Gunners' breathtaking stadium in August, with French Ligue 1 side Paris Saint-Germain and Atletico Madrid from Spain completing the four-team line up.

Walter Smith's men will open the tournament with a mouth-watering clash against PSG at 2pm on Saturday, August 1 then close the competition with a glamour tie against Arsenal's all-stars at 4.15pm on Sunday, August 2.

Former Rangers midfielder Jeremy ClementRangers will receive 9,000 tickets for both matches but there will be no reunion with former manager Paul Le Guen as the French club have announced he will leave at the end of the current season.

However, ex-midfielder Jeremy Clement could feature while top-drawer talent like Robin Van Persie, Andrey Arshavin, Cesc Fabregas, Gael Clichy and Theo Walcott should be on show for Arsenal at the Emirates.

Rangers Chief Executive Martin Bain commented: "We are delighted to be playing Arsenal and PSG in the Emirates Cup this summer. It was an honour to be invited by Arsenal, who like us have a rich history and proud traditions, and we look forward to renewing our friendship in London this August. Our fans will give the team great support in these two high-profile matches and there is little doubt it will be an entertaining tournament."

Rangers Manager Walter Smith commented: "The Emirates Cup will capture the imagination of our supporters and everyone at the Club is looking forward to competing against Arsenal and PSG. Arsene Wenger's side are one of the best in Europe and their young team will provide a stiff test for our players. However, it is a challenge they will all relish and our fans will enjoy both matches at the state-of-the-art Emirates Stadium."

Arsenal Chief Executive Ivan Gazidis commented: "We are delighted to be once again hosting the Emirates Cup in August 2009. Rangers, Atletico Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain all have great pedigree and will contribute to an exciting weekend of pre-season football.Arsena star Robin van Persie

"The tournament will provide a very competitive level of preparation for all the teams ahead of the 2009/2010 season."

TICKET INFORMATION

Tickets will go on sale to season ticket holders on Monday, May 25 from the sales channels below.

Season ticket holders can buy one ticket per season ticket for each day, and up to a maximum of four tickets for each day in one purchase - all with a valid Rangers number.

Subject to demand, season ticket holders will then have an option to purchase a second ticket for each day - details will be communicated following initial season ticket holder uptake.

Every ticket purchased will require an individual name and unique Rangers number along with a contact telephone number and address.

At this stage, supporters clubs are invited to apply for tickets before June 12 but the allocation will be subject to season ticket holder uptake. Please note that club applications will only be accepted where each ticket applied for is attributed to a named member with a unique Rangers Number.

SALES CHANNELS

HERE�·

0871 702 1972

Rangers ticket centre

Prices:

Adults from �£25 - �£40 per day / ticket

Concessions from �£15 - �£25 per day / ticket (under 16 or over 65)

Emirates Cup 2009 Match Schedule

Saturday August 1, 2009

Rangers v Paris Saint-Germain (2pm Kick-off)

Arsenal v Atletico Madrid (4.15pm Kick-off)

Sunday August 2, 2009

Atletico Madrid v Paris Saint-Germain (2pm kick-off)

Arsenal v Rangers (4.15pm kick-off)

PSG but not PLG as he's run away from another club.:fish:

And I doubt we'll see Clement, with Le Guen for the off he wont have the character to hang around and prove himself without his father figure. :box:

:devil:

Mmmmmmmmmm, just looked on a couple of Arsenal forums, they are none to happy Rangers are coming down for a visit !!, as if the Rangers fans are going to get boozed up and wreck the place, must be a lot of MOPES in disguise

I just hope we can make a good account of our selves both on and off the pitch... I can see why some Gunners fans might not be overly enthusiastic about it... we didnt really make a good name for ourselves the last time we visited England.....

I just hope we can make a good account of our selves both on and off the pitch... I can see why some Gunners fans might not be overly enthusiastic about it... we didnt really make a good name for ourselves the last time we visited England.....

Let's send a Gersnet Task Force down to show them what it's really all about. Those of us who live in Eng. can get there easily.:)

PSG but not PLG as he's run away from another club.:fish:

And I doubt we'll see Clement, with Le Guen for the off he wont have the character to hang around and prove himself without his father figure. :box:

:devil:

Harsh on Clement IMO.

Looks like Rangers are doing their very best to control it. I unfortunately had to give up my season ticket this year, yet would love the opportunity of scoring some brownie points by "visiting my sister" that weekend! Seems like Rangers don't want me to go :(