Season Expectations..?

IMO we have a few things which need to be taken place both off and on he park.

Off the park, id like to see the Non-Rangers chants stopped / new and old Rangers songs (re)introduced, the Club to get behind the fans more with certain issues and for them to take a stand against the media this season.

On the park its first and foremost to get back to basics and playing football. I expect that will happen under the PLG era. He has brought in some good players and has set up a nice looking blend and I am in favour of the system.

Firstly I want the SPL title back where it belongs, this would be my first priority. Any cup competition is always a boost and a lottery when we enter. The standard of the UEFA cup is not what it once was but there is some good sides in it, however I do not fear anyone in it and we are capable of beating anyone at Ibrox. Id like a Euro run this year.

The Scottish cup has eluded us for a few seasons so Id like us to reach Hampden again.

The odds are highly stacked against 4 trophies out of 4 and is too much to expect especially when we are entering a new era.

So id like progress on the park with a settled team and system doing well and resulting in the SPL title and at least 2 good cup runs.

League has to be priority and I'd also like us to qualify from the UEFA Cup group stages on the European front.

Minimal and perhaps realistic expectations are simply an improvement on last year in terms of players, systems, tactics, discipline and motivation. Even if we don't win the league as long as we have tangible evidence of genuine improvement in these areas I'll be reasonably happy.

Unfortunately, I doubt as many Rangers fans will be as realistic in their appraisal.

League has to be priority and I'd also like us to qualify from the UEFA Cup group stages on the European front.

Minimal and perhaps realistic expectations are simply an improvement on last year in terms of players, systems, tactics, discipline and motivation. Even if we don't win the league as long as we have tangible evidence of genuine improvement in these areas I'll be reasonably happy.

Unfortunately, I doubt as many Rangers fans will be as realistic in their appraisal.

I tent to agree with that but if we dont win the league then it will depend on who does win the league and how they have played. IMO Celtic were poor last season and I think they have went downhill even more this year. They ran away with it from us last season because the diaster period we had in october last year.

Yep, I wouldn't say Celtic or Hearts have got any better.

We seem to have when you consider the new coaching staff and the money we've spent on new players. As such, we should bridge the gap between ourselves and Celtic/Hearts and have enough to overtake them.

However, football isn't played on paper.

For me, regaining domestic supremacy is vital this season - we are Scotland's No1 club and we have to regain this crown - so that means winning the league and winning it in style - anything else will be a bonus.

Cammy F

SPL title back where it belongs and a good run in uefa cup hopefully progressing passed group stages. think we should manage to get to semi's in both domestic cups at least!

not being ambitious just curious - whats the odds on a quadruple for us btw ?:D

SPL title back where it belongs and a good run in uefa cup hopefully progressing passed group stages. think we should manage to get to semi's in both domestic cups at least!

not being ambitious just curious - whats the odds on a quadruple for us btw ?:D

Craig checked this out the other day:

Gers to win SPL & UEFA - 50/1

Gers to win SPL & SC - 4/1

Gers to win SPL & CIS - 4/1

Gers to win SPL, SC & CIS - 10/1

Gers to win SPL, SC, UEFA - 100/1

Gers to win SPL, CIS, UEFA - 100/1

Gers to win all 4 - 250/1

Craig checked this out the other day:

Gers to win SPL & UEFA - 50/1

Gers to win SPL & SC - 4/1