WALTER SMITH is fuming after finding out why Madjid Bougherra was sent off after today's 2-1 victory over Aberdeen at Ibrox.

Linesman Graham Chambers informed the Gers gaffer that he felt the Algerian deliberately kicked Dons' keeper Jamie Langfield in the head after the pair collided going for a 50/50 challenge.

Smith insists the explanation was 'incredible' and was unsure if the club could appeal the decision.

Madjid Bougherra and Jamie LangfieldHe said: "To be honest I don't know if we can do that.

"There was a couple of things in the media during the week that suggests they need to get a review panel together before looking at sending offs.

"According to our lads nothing will happen until next season which is obviously not much good to anybody.

"But whatever happens it was an incredible sending off.

"I have seen both red cards and first of all I have to say I was disappointed with my own player's reaction to Aberdeen's.

"I didn't think there was any great contact at all and I will need to have words with Kyle.

"But the second sending off is incredible.

"The linesman has stated to me that the player deliberately kicked the goalkeeper in the head which I find absolutely incredible.

"It meant we lost a player for the majority of the game for a circumstance that was not the case."

Bougherra's sending off is the second controverial decision against Rangers in the space of four days after Nacho Novo's goal against Hibs was disallowed when it appeared to cross the line.