Lafferty - I'm Sorry

KYLE LAFFERTY has apologised for his actions in Saturday's 2-1 win over Aberdeen and has admitted he has let down the club, the fans, the match officials and Dons defender Charlie Mulgrew.

Lafferty went down easily in the 17th minute when Mulgrew remonstrated with him on the Govan Stand touchline after the Rangers player had tackled him which led to referee Stuart Dougal sending off the Aberdeen player.

Rangers have fined Lafferty for his actions and have expressed their severe disappointment over his behaviour.

Charlie Mulgrew is sent offLafferty has vowed to apologise personally to Mulgrew for the way he behaved.

In a statement to the official web site Lafferty said: "I want to apologise for my actions in Saturday's match with Aberdeen.

"It was something I should not have done and I deeply regret what happened.

"I will make a personal apology to Charlie Mulgrew because he should not have been sent off.

"I also want to apologise to the referee and his assistants. It is difficult enough for officials to handle important SPL matches without me making it more difficult by behaving the way I did.

"I also totally accept that I have let down the club and the supporters.

"There are standards at Rangers Football Club that need to be upheld and I have fallen way below these standards.

"What I did was wrong and I would like to say sorry to the supporters because they should expect better from a Rangers player.

"Their backing on Saturday was fantastic - as it has been all season - and for me to behave the way I did was completely wrong."

At least our players admit to their indiscretions and failings. At least our club have taken decisive action against him.

How many other SPL teasm can say the same ?

And Del, the witch hunt is a given. He plays for Rangers after all.

At least our players admit to their indiscretions and failings. At least our club have taken decisive action against him.

very true craig..

Del.

Rather than congratulating him for being man enough to admit his error, his apology will merely serve to spur on the media as they seek to ostricise the player, the club and our fans.

Contrast with clubs who staunchly defend even the worst acts of cheatinge etc, their players would be left well alone!