Walter to stay for Champs league challenge...AND make him a SIR now!!!

And in my opinion your a hero and NOW should be given a knighthood.

After bringing the team back from a humiliating euro exit, a shock loss to a crap Celtic side in the mickey mouse cup, he's come from 7 points behind to grant us fans a day to remeber for the rest of our lives, and for that alone the knighthood should be granted.

Walter states he looks on at people saying he should retire at his age, but after much speculation he says he is having a summer break and coming back to enjoy a crack at the european elite.

Go on Walter, enjoy it, you desrve it SIR.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8064341.stm

Unfortunately Walters idea of having a crack at the CL is building a wall around the 16mtr box and hoping for one sucker punch. Sorry i have not changed my opinion on him as a manager, i would prefer to see him go.

Unfortunately Walters idea of having a crack at the CL is building a wall around the 16mtr box and hoping for one sucker punch. Sorry i have not changed my opinion on him as a manager, i would prefer to see him go.

See where you're coming from but with the players we have and the ones we face in the CL I reckon most managers would take a defensive approach (and it DID get us to a European final). If we lose WS then we have to see who is available and sadly there are just not that many candidates who are better at the moment. Until we know who could be likely to take the job, I'd rather stick with him than give the post to someone who may not be as good.:(

As Calscot has pointed out elsewhere,Smith has proven he is king on the domestic scene.

8 titles out of 10 available. And we all know but for exceptional circumstances it would 9.

Our Uefa cup run shows how much he has learnt about playing in Europe compared to his first stint. I would look at Kaunus as the blip and not the UEFA cup final.

We had some fantastic results against Barca, Lyon and Stuttgart (french and German champs respectively) not to mention Fiorentina, Weder Bremen and other decent sides.

Hopefully Smith will be able to replicate some of those results in next years Champions League and guide his side through the group stage.

One thing we have to consider when thinking about the rights and wrongs of any manager we may have is finances.

Do we get rid of WS and bring in someone who may (or may not) provide nice, free-flowing football but we may miss out on the title which, in turn, could mean us missing out on CL football.

Personally I think that, for the medium term at least, we very much need the finance that is provided by CL football. If WS is the man to lead us to a 4 or 5 in a row then I would take that, even if it means our CL performances are poor.

We are financially stricken and that CL money could be the saviour for us so if WS can continue his domestic dominance then I would prefer that, even if the football on display in Europe isnt the best. A means to an end if you will.

Another thing.... we played so well yesterday that WS AND the players will have seen that type of performance and realised just what this team is capable of. Should WS be given next season to see whether this team continue to perform that well ? IMO of course he should. He should be given that chance anyway !!