Walter: Should he stay or should he go?

Walter: should he stay or should he go?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Walter: should he stay or should he go?

• Stay
    • Go

I have to say i'd like him to move on. He's won the league, eventually, and fair play, but as has been mentioned above, his negativity is so frustrating - especially after the royal humping we gave united yesterday. He had the chance (and a bit of money) last season to change the defensive approach, but did not.

I can only see more mediocre and overpriced buys this summer and there must be 1 or 2 utility players out there that are not on Rangers books.

Furthermore his policy on youth players, with the exception of Lafferty, they dont get a look in.

Rangers fans deserve a bit of quality football at Ibrox again, because since Advocaat, it has been sadly lacking.

Nope, i'd say its time to step aside Walter, althoughi cant see it happening.

Not sure how I voted in the first one either and too lazy to go find out.

For those looking to replace him the big question would be "who with?" And that is a huge question. Would we end up with a manager that doesnt "get us" ? Or one who isnt up to the challenge ?

Yes, we have played some negative stuff this season but there have also been games where we have played exceptionally well. And, for the most part, WS' tactics have worked well - they must have as they made us CHAMPIONS !

I think that gone are the days when you go out and play a rigid formation and tactic each week and you adapt. It also keeps the opposition on its toes. Is it a case of "worrying about the opponent" or is it a case of "these tactics will serve us best" ?

This season we drew 8 games and lost 4. Of those 8 drawn I recall AT LEAST 3 of them which we should have won but for very dodgy officiating (Aberdeen at Pittodrie, Motherwell at Fir Park and Hibs last week). 10 points denied us by officiating.

Of the 4 games lost we were unlucky to lose to Celtic at Ibrox where they had one chance and scored (a draw a fairer result), we played poorly at home to ICT but shouldnt have lost, we lost away to Hearts and played poorly and, likewise, had a ad day at the office against St Mirren.

But looking at that we have had very few games this season where we havent been successful, even if results havent been what we wanted.

Definitely deserves another chance to build on this season.

Thought the interview with Coisty was interesting, raving about Smith and what he has achieved and how much anyone could learn from him. Still believe Coisty will be our next manager and is still seeing this as a learning curve for a season or two yet.