Walter: Should he stay or should he go?

Walter: should he stay or should he go?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Walter: should he stay or should he go?

• Stay
    • Go

I ran a poll 2 weeks ago to see what the general consensus was amongst the fans. Since then we've won the league. Has anyone changed their minds regarding Smith?

It'll be interesting to see how the 'undecided' vote now the SPL trophy is back where it belongs, although, I think I know.

Time for Walter to ride off into the sunset as a winner and move on up stairs.

He came and stopped the rot after leguens mess but we are now in a worse mess on and off the park than we were after Advocaat left. there is no plan B to get us out of the big hole this time.

Smith blew the club apart with his mispending in the summer and his spending spree after the Kuanas debacle.

His negativety will be with me for years to come im afraid. I dont have the same passion for football that i once had and its down to watching smiths boring bland style of play.

Enjoy the win walter, and step down.

And give football at Ibrox a fighting chance.

Jus checked, I never voted last time. Probably as I was undecided if I was undecided. :confused:

2 wanted him to stay, 17 wanted him gone, 3 weren't sure last time (4 if you include me I guess).

Being a football fan i'm fickle by nature and the last poll was around the Hibs game I think. The dropped points there nearly cost us the league, but just a few days later I was as high as a kite. I think that shows why it is important any reflection is done at a seasons end and not as a knee-jerk reaction to one good or poor result.

Again, can't remember what i voted, but it is now a resounding YES from me!

I think after the way he pulled us back from 7 behind to 4 ahead, he deserves one more crack at it aswell as a shot at the Champions league.

We all know the story of how long it took SAF to get Man U going, i'm not comparing a 60 odds year old to him but imo it should be the same kind of scenario as quite often if you manage the league champions properly, i.e go out and strenghthen, then they go on and win a few more.

Why should we throw a few more league titles away for the sake of change, esp when we are not even sure who it is we would want in his place.

The old term is very appropriate in this case, IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T TRY FIX IT!!!

Id like to be asked the question again next week after the cup final.

I was unsure last time as it all depends on who would replace him. Id rather he stay on than McCoist take over but if we were guaranteed to get say the Laudrup brothers or Martin Jol then id want him to take a seat upstairs.

But i feel he deserves one last crack at the Champions league.

I voted stay last time and I'll stick with that.

If PLG deserved more time for some after being 17 points behind and out of both cups then I think someone clawing back 9 points then losing by 3 points in impossible circumstances and then winning by 4 points while getting to 5 finals REALLY deserves more time.

He's hit the ground running and the then shown improvement while giving us only our 4th Euro final in our history, what more evidence do we need to choose to stick instead of a very risky twist?

There are better managers out there but I think most are now out of our reach and even if they weren't PLG showed they can't always adapt to a club like Rangers.

I think the best we could hope for is the likes of Levein who is generally a bit of a knob, hates Rangers anyway and what was his team like when they needed just a point to qualify for Europe?

If he can't beat Jimmy Calderwood with similar resources then how would he fair against Strachan or whoever comes in for Celtic?

In fact even with bigger names around there are plenty who were successful in one place and failed the next - Eriksson, Allardyce, Venebles, Ince, Curbishly and even Brewster etc, etc.

Only Alex Ferguson has been continually successful for three clubs, although he was shite for Scotland.

Sometimes a club just suits you and for Smith that's been Rangers - and Scotland too.