Ok i know its still early but most fans have noted we are slightly unstable and slack at the back at the moment. Personally id give it a few more games anyway to see if it improves as Im sure the guys will be working on it day in day out in training over the next few weeks.

Im pretty comfortable with Smith at LB and he looks natural in the position. Hutton is ok going forward but is lacking at some defensive duties.

Svensson hasnt settled (yet) but again id give it longer.

However if it doesnt improve id maybe like to see us go 3 at the back if we sign an new no-nonsense centre half. This would allow us to keep the 2-3 midfield shape but stick a striker up with Prso and keep Adam aswell.

Someone mentioned on another thread Dundee Utd were rocked when we had all our attacking options on the park, and i can see a lot more teams coming to ibrox flooding the defence again, so the 3-2-3-2 formation is maybe worth a looking.

______________Letizi_______________

_____J Rod____Newbie____Svensson

_______Ferguson____Clement________

__Sionko_______Buffel_______Adam___

__________Prso_____Boyd___________

why the hell is everyone on huttons back? We hadnt even kicked a ball this season and people wanted rid of him. He had a pretty solid game on saturday and still people critisise him. Get off the guys back and let him get on with playing for Rangers.

why the hell is everyone on huttons back? We hadnt even kicked a ball this season and people wanted rid of him. He had a pretty solid game on saturday and still people critisise him. Get off the guys back and let him get on with playing for Rangers.

Im certainly not on his back but he needs to improve defensively. I said he is good going forward but he has been caught out a few times with Svensson having to cover for him.

I said give him a run to see if he gets his pre-leg break form back, if not id be looking at an alternative.

that formation looks good but what has steven smith done wrongto get booted out of the team

and instead of playing prso i would play sebo as prso hasnt been up to his best the first few games

Steven Smith has done nothing wrong at all but if we had to shuffle to a back 3 the full backs have to give way.

But my suggestion was just speculative and by knows means what happens.

No, I wouldn't change anything yet. It was a freak result on Saturday and there's no need to panic. Certainly dropping both full backs is a big tactical change not worth considering IMO.

BTW, Hutton was arguably our best defender on Saturday. His clearance off the line was incredible and he played pretty well overall. He certainly needs more confidence and could improve his distribution but before he broke his leg he was a good, strong defender. He can regain that form with our support.

No, I wouldn't change anything yet. It was a freak result on Saturday and there's no need to panic. Certainly dropping both full backs is a big tactical change not worth considering IMO.

BTW, Hutton was arguably our best defender on Saturday. His clearance off the line was incredible and he played pretty well overall. He certainly needs more confidence and could improve his distribution but before he broke his leg he was a good, strong defender. He can regain that form with our support.

Yes hge was the best defeder in the 2nd half but in the 1st half he never got close enough to his player and gave him loads of space

I agree mate, i remember Hutton puting in some really good tackles on Saturday and i was more than happy with the way he performed.

To me it seems that he is the fans new scapegoat for the season, i was getting really pissed off with some of the abuse shouted at him from my area on Saturday.

I think this thread has been misinturpreted (sp).

By know means am i jumping on the system or the back 4 especially Hutton. I have stated on many a thread that id give it a good run with these 4 playing and Hutton especially ive said i think can go on and get his form back.

I just faniced a wee chat about the possibilities of looking at a 3 man defence - no harm in that folks :thup:

I think this thread has been misinturpreted (sp).

By know means am i jumping on the system or the back 4 especially Hutton. I have stated on many a thread that id give it a good run with these 4 playing and Hutton especially ive said i think can go on and get his form back.

I just faniced a wee chat about the possibilities of looking at a 3 man defence - no harm in that folks :thup:

You clearly want Smith and Hutton dropped and you're blatantly condemning the performances of both as weak, pathetic, and more suited to a Celtic jersey.

And for those with brains smaller than a grape, yes, this was sarcasm.