Sorry, but I think calling a cup winning team "a disgrace" is incredibly extreme. Yes they should have played better but winning a trophy is anything but disgraceful.

Of course winning the trophy isn't disgraceful. I was delighted.

To be fair, I should have specified the first half performance. The 2nd half we did improve somewhat and Chilledbear makes some valid points in another thread about why we were so poor.

However, that doesn't account for the dreadful attitude yesterday. Some players simply didn't turn up for whatever reason.

As such, I'm annoyed because once again tens of thousands of bears spent at least �£30 to watch them go through the motions. This is not a new thing and just because we've won the double doesn't mean half-hearted displays are acceptable. This has happened continually throughout the season and I want to know why it is STILL the case.

Yesterday wasn't acceptable - trophy or not. I won't apologise for expecting much, much more from our football team.

There were some poor showings, but ultimately the poorest displays imo were from the central midfield & that was Barry Ferguson & his buddy big Lee. The pair of them were utter pish. Plenty others were giving the ball away needlessly, but that central pair were dire. Fergie was even caught on camera berating teammates when he would have been better off concentrating on his own game for a change. I honestly hope Fergie leaves now after seeing that yesterday because if there's a disgrace, it's him.

The way we played was a disgrace.

Nail on head.

Calscot, you seem to be trying to be facetious, and it is working.

Winning the cup is not digraceful but how can you honestly consider the perfomance as anything but ?

Neither Gav NOR Frankie suggested winning the cup was disgraceful. However, both did say the performance was.

You are using semantics to justify your argument. And even those semantics dont stack up in this case.

Winning a cup is not disgraceful. The manner your players go about it can be (as it was yesterday)

There were some poor showings, but ultimately the poorest displays imo were from the central midfield & that was Barry Ferguson & his buddy big Lee. The pair of them were utter pish. Plenty others were giving the ball away needlessly, but that central pair were dire. Fergie was even caught on camera berating teammates when he would have been better off concentrating on his own game for a change. I honestly hope Fergie leaves now after seeing that yesterday because if there's a disgrace, it's him.

Both of them were poor but Davis, Lafferty and others were equally below par.

Sure, we missed the combative style of Edu and Thomson yesterday but that doesn't account for the bizarre lack of commitment from most of the team.

At what point will our management team address this? Or are they just as culpable?

Sure, we missed the combative style of Edu and Thomson yesterday but that doesn't account for the bizarre lack of commitment from most of the team.

At what point will our management team address this? Or are they just as culpable?

Davis got an 8 in the Sunday Mail ratings. :eek:

Davis got an 8 in the Sunday Mail ratings. :eek:

I think sometimes people just watch what Davis does on the ball as it is often ehadline grabbing.

But they don't look at the fact that he is positionally naive and refuses to play on the right. Now I know it's not his favoured position, but if he's asked to do a job he should do it. Of course it may be tactical direction from Smith that he is to play very narrow, but I often get frustrated wondering why Davis is mia. Made a few points regarding this in the match thread I think.

Davis was one of our worst players in my opinion yesterday. Constantly hid - hardly supported the attack and sat as deep as he could (without doing much defensive work).

He must take on more responsibility if he's to really be a top player.

I thought quite a few players were below par, but the CM were terrible. I thought most of the rest of the team actually put some effort in (albeit not enough), but BF & LM should have had the ability to dominate that midfield more than they did & unfortunately they fell way short of the mark. Barry looked like a kid coming back into a team after being told to go and stand in the corner with the dunses hat on, despite still being able to muster up the energy to berate his teammates.

Anyway, lets not forget that the game unfortunately & quite obviously meant more to Falkirk than it meant to the new SPL champions & it was there for everyone to see. Falkirk played their hearts out whilst we went out like a team going to the park for a picnic in the sun. We still won though.. :devil:

:spl: