Pedro Mendes insists there is no truth in stories linking him with a summer move away from Rangers.

The Portuguese midfielder has become the subject of much transfer talk since the 2008/09 campaign came to a close, with Sporting Lisbon said to be keen on taking him back to his homeland.

Italian giants Lazio are also reported to have expressed an interest as they look to mount a Serie A title charge in 2009/10.

However, Mendes, who joined Rangers from Portsmouth for �£3million in August 2008, claims he is happy at Ibrox.

"My contract is valid for two years," he told Desporto.

"I feel happy in Glasgow and I see no reason not to continue at Rangers."

Despite landing a Scottish Premier League and Scottish Cup Double last season, Rangers' financial difficulties have led to speculation that key men will have to be sold once the transfer window re-opens.

Mendes was thought to be among those likely to be on their way, but the 30-year-old insists he has been given no indication that he will be allowed to leave.

"I do not know (of interest from other clubs)," he said.

"One thing is for certain, I will not ask to leave. Nor do I think that Rangers are thinking about a possible transfer."

To be honest, if we recieved an offer of �£3m or more, I would take it. BUT it would mean bringing in a number of midfielders if all the rumours are true to date

Again agree with Jon, if we got a decent offer for a 30 year old then we should take it. But I worry about selling off too many central midfielders and going back to a few seasons ago when we were well short in that department. Especially from an attacking / creative sense.

Ferguson is probably for the off, Hemdani has gone, McCulloch should be for the off even though he isnt near a central midfielder. That would leave Edu and Thomson plus possibly Davis playing in his natural postion.

Again agree with Jon, if we got a decent offer for a 30 year old then we should take it. But I worry about selling off too many central midfielders and going back to a few seasons ago when we were well short in that department. Especially from an attacking / creative sense.

Ferguson is probably for the off, Hemdani has gone, McCulloch should be for the off even though he isnt near a central midfielder. That would leave Edu and Thomson plus possibly Davis playing in his natural postion.

This is where your furmans and your Aarons come in. If they dont get a chance now they never will. But knowing walter hell go out and sign a another couple of 35 year olds.

This is where your furmans and your Aarons come in. If they dont get a chance now they never will. But knowing walter hell go out and sign a another couple of 35 year olds.

ANOTHER couple of 35 years olds? Do we actually have any?

The Walter I know is much more likely to sign a 20-25 year old which is fair enough if you consider the fact is that few managers play teenagers very often - unless they are a revelation like Messi, Rooney or Giggs.

Almost all the best teams have a mixture of ages - it's generally called, "balance".

What is it with the ageism on here anyway? I don't really care what age the players are if they do the job on the pitch be they 17 or 40.

To be honest I'm glad our manager isn't as totally stupid as some would like him to be...

Losing Ferguson and Mendes would mean we lack a bit of pressance and experience. Edu is still new and Thomson is still young and we dont know how fit he will be.

I know we like an older player or 2 but if we are skint then why not ask Tugay to play on for 1 year if only for experience? He has just left Blackburn and played well all season.

ANOTHER couple of 35 years olds? Do we actually have any?

The Walter I know is much more likely to sign a 20-25 year old which is fair enough if you consider the fact is that few managers play teenagers very often - unless they are a revelation like Messi, Rooney or Giggs.

Almost all the best teams have a mixture of ages - it's generally called, "balance".

What is it with the ageism on here anyway? I don't really care what age the players are if they do the job on the pitch be they 17 or 40.

To be honest I'm glad our manager isn't as totally stupid as some would like him to be...

Ill rephrase that, hell go out and buy another couple of Christian Daillys.