Gers To Play City

RANGERS Football Club can today confirm English Premiership side Manchester City will visit Ibrox Stadium for a mouth-watering pre-season friendly on Tuesday 4 August or Wednesday 5 August, 2009 at 7.45pm.

The SPL Champions will continue their preparations for the 2009/10 campaign with a high-profile home match against Mark Hughes' side.

The date of the fixture will be confirmed on http://www.rangers.co.uk once the draw has been made for Celtic's Champions League third qualifying round in mid July.

City have spent lavishly on a host of top-drawer players in recent times - ex-Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz and England star Gareth Barry are the latest recruits - so there will be a host of international stars on show.

Brazilians Robinho and Elano will likely join Shaun Wright-Phillips, Wayne Bridge and Micah Richards on the hallowed turf while former Celtic striker Craig Bellamy is also expected to play some part in the match.

Rangers Manager Walter Smith said: "Manchester City have a squad packed with quality and this match will give us another good test ahead of the new SPL season.

"I know our fans will enjoy watching players of the calibre of Robinho, Gareth Barry and Roque Santa Cruz and it should be an entertaining game.

"We have an exciting pre-season programme lined up following our three-game trip to Germany with matches against Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain in the Emirates Cup, Portsmouth at Fratton Park and now Manchester City so our players will certainly benefit from competing against teams of this calibre."

Ticket Information

Tickets go on sale to season ticket holders from Wednesday 1 July priced �£18 for adults and �£12 for concessions while juvenile season ticket holders can take in the action for free!

Bondholders can purchase their tickets on Wednesday 1 and Thursday 2 July.

There will be a public sale of tickets, subject to availability, from Tuesday 14 July - tickets priced at �£21 for adults, �£15 for concessions and �£7 for juveniles.

Tickets will be available on dates specified as follows:

�· Online at rangers.co.uk

�· Via the hotline 0871 702 1972

�· By visiting Rangers Ticket Centre

Tickets are subject to availability and booking fees apply.

Official site

Unbelievable...... I send the wife and kid home for a holiday (as she isnt working and he starts school this year) and they are home July 29-August 16 - so they are home for this friendly and I am stuck in bloody Bermuda.

Unbelievable !!!

Unbelievable...... I send the wife and kid home for a holiday (as she isnt working and he starts school this year) and they are home July 29-August 16 - so they are home for this friendly and I am stuck in bloody Bermuda.

Unbelievable !!!

Poor you stuck in sun Drenched Bermuda ;) lol

I will be going paid more to see worse teams than Man City

we should give them a game as we are at home.

Man City are a team that are really annoying me the now.

They seem to be buying strikers just for fun now. Including their promising youth strikers i wonder how many they have counting Samual Eto'o.

I realise they are trying to crack the big 4 and learned a harsh lesson last season, but the way they throw money at people and expect them to sign for a mediocre club is very annoying.

Man City are a team that are really annoying me the now.

They seem to be buying strikers just for fun now. Including their promising youth strikers i wonder how many they have counting Samual Eto'o.

I realise they are trying to crack the big 4 and learned a harsh lesson last season, but the way they throw money at people and expect them to sign for a mediocre club is very annoying.

Unless they get a handful of the best English players to mix in with the expensive foreigners they will never achieve anything ike the success their budget demands.

Mouth-watering?

Man City?

I think not.

Another easy to avoid friendly, saving some cash for the real stuff with 3 CL away games to pay for, never mind the 3 game package for the home games, plus the usual overpriced domestic stuff, a home friendly against a mediocre mid-table EPL side is not making my mouth water at all.

Will watch the CL qualifiers instead, and hopefully see a future opponent in action.

Mouth-watering?

Man City?

I think not.

Another easy to avoid friendly, saving some cash for the real stuff with 3 CL away games to pay for, never mind the 3 game package for the home games, plus the usual overpriced domestic stuff, a home friendly against a mediocre mid-table EPL side is not making my mouth water at all.

Will watch the CL qualifiers instead, and hopefully see a future opponent in action.

I made the mistake of forking out (and travelling 150 miles) for the Liverpool game last August. Needless to say I will not be making the same mistake again. I find a flag-raising SPL opener against Falkirk far more "mouth-watering" than a meaningless kick-about with Abu Dhabi FC.

I made the mistake of forking out (and travelling 150 miles) for the Liverpool game last August. Needless to say I will not be making the same mistake again. I find a flag-raising SPL opener against Falkirk far more "mouth-watering" than a meaningless kick-about with Abu Dhabi FC.

Maybe I'm not the only one that cringes at the prospect of Arabs buying Rangers Football Cub.