Should we keep Charlie Adam?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Charlie Adam?

• Yes, he's worth another year at the club
    • No, take the Ã?£500K and run

I would let him go and I honestley think 500k is about what we'll get for him

How much better a player could we bring in for �£1.5m - �£2m though? I'm not convinced that we could get a significantly better player in for any less than �£2.5m maybe �£3m, so I just don't see the point. One thing's for sure; any club buying Adam for �£500k is getting a bargain because we couldn't buy a player of his age & quality from down south for that sort of money, no way.

I agree Shroomz about your point with English players. If we were even going for an average Championship player we would be paying at least treble the amount I said we would get for Adam. I just can't see anyone offering that type of money. However if we keep rejecting bids then someone will have to come up with the cash we want. It beats selling players on the cheap thats for sure

I'm not saying this shows a full picture of either player, not by a long shot, but since they're both the same age (well Adam is actually about 10 months younger) lets compare the career statistics of Davis & Adam, since for me Adam is worth significantly more than 500k.

.......................................Steven Davis....................Charlie Adam................

Appearances -...............169 (+27 as sub)..............130 (+ 24 as sub)..............

Career Goals -..........................17.................................31.........................

Goals for RFC -..........................8..................................18.........................

Recent offers made -...............�£5m...............................�£500k......................

Now you could say, 'well Davis played in the EPL', but it's also worth pointing out that a good number of Adam's 18 goals for Rangers didn't come against the poorer opposition. Some of them were actually in Europe. He also started in our 4-2 thrashing of the mhanks last season IIRC.

Edited by Zappa

I think Adam's one of our most under-rated players. It says a lot when you loan a player out for 6 months and he generates so much interest.

As for him not being a winger, he may well be better suited to playing CM, but I think there are plenty of games in the course of the season (ie. dominating midfield in a 4-4-2 where we would otherwise be playing 4-5-1) that Adam is one of the better options we've got on the left. He's not too bad on the right either.

Personally I hope we keep him as I believe he's one of the best players our youth system has produced in recent years.

As for what's best for Adam himself, I think at this stage of his career he needs to be playing regularly to have a chance of reaching his full potential. However I don't think we'd have a problem finding him another loan deal in January, if he's not getting enough games.