Gers have accepted Blackpool's �£500,000 bid for Charlie Adam.

THIS is the new kit Rangers will wear for the defence of the league and cup double.

Ibrox ace Kevin Thomson posed in the strip, available for pre-order from Monday.

Thommo said: "I really like the design of the new strip and I'm sure it will be a hit with our supporters.

"Hopefully we can be as successful in the new strip as we were last season."

Gers have accepted Blackpool's �£500,000 bid for Charlie Adam.

The midfielder, 23, was on loan at the Seasiders last term and could make a permanent move to the Championship, with Preston and Barnsley also keen.

Boss Walter Smith admits Adam won't be the last star to leave Ibrox this summer.

He said: "Every player is susceptible to a bid. I know there's a feel good factor here after winning the double, but this doesn't go away."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2518189/Kev-stripped-to-double-up.html

by Lindsay Herron

CHARLIE ADAM is set to end his association with Rangers and make a permanent move to Blackpool after a bid of �£500,000 was accepted today.

Adam spent a highly successful loan spell with the Championship side in the second half of last season and made a big impact on the fans.

Now new manager Ian Holloway wants to make Adam a permanent fixture and subject to personal terms being agreed the left sided midfielder will sign a deal with Blackpool tomorrow.

Adam scored twice in 13 games last season but it was his influence on the field which convinced Blackpool to splash the cash.

Adam had three years left on his Rangers contract but had found himself on the fringes under Walter Smith. Ironically, his last match fCharlie Adamor Rangers was the Old Firm derby in December last year.

Charlie came right through the ranks at Rangers and on his day was a very effective player, especially from set pieces.

He made his debut in a 3-2 win over Dunfermline at the end of the 2003/04 season but went on loan to Ross County the following season and then spent a season at St Mirren, helping the Buddies win promotion to the SPL.

It was Paul Le Guen who gave Adam the big breakthrough in 2006/07 and it was his most productive season as he scored 14 goals, including a cheeky daisy-cutter free kick which fooled Artur Boruc and gave Rangers a 2-0 Old Firm win.

And few will forget his stunning goal against Stuttgart in the Champions League at Ibrox in 2007/08.

At the age of 23 he has a very bright future ahead of him in English football.

As Robert says I dont think we could have got much more, Id have thought 750k would have been about it, but then again Hibs just sold Fletcher for 3 million.

Adam wouldnt have ever been more than a squad player. Its one of those sales that we wont notice on par with burke, S Thompson, Hughes, Malcolm etc.

We paid over �£2 million for Lee McCulloch FFS. I'd rather have Adam as backup/playing in our midfield than LM. I'm really disappointed in the club for accepting as little as 500k. We'll see Adam selling for a lot more money than this within 2-3 yrs.

I hope Rangers have a sell on clause, another young player who got far too much criticism IMO, good luck Charlie and I hope you go on to prove a lot of doubters wrong

Aye, at least a good 30% though.

We're being robbed for �£500k.

Very disappointed with this news. :(

Another one of our most promising youngsters slips through our fingers. With Burke I could understand it as giving him a contract extension with his injury record was always going to be a gamble. In Adam's case it's more of a gamble to let him go. Rangers could be made to look very foolish on this one.

Apart from anything else it just doesn't make sense to move him on for so little as ANY other club in the SPL would have been demanding AT LEAST double that. He had his off days, but even the club website says how effective he was the rest of the time.

Our youth system doesn't stand a chance if the club AND support maintain their current attitude.