Champions League last 16? What do you think?

It depends a lot on the draw I would say. Also on who we lose or sign to our current squad. We nearly made it out of a "Group of Death" the last time so can't see why not. Ibrox should still be a place where no European team wants to visit. That's if we get shot of some of the negative play we had to endure in the past couple of seasons

It depends a lot on the draw I would say. Also on who we lose or sign to our current squad. We nearly made it out of a "Group of Death" the last time so can't see why not. Ibrox should still be a place where no European team wants to visit. That's if we get shot of some of the negative play we had to endure in the past couple of seasons

Yip, it will depend on the group we get, then it comes down to how we play (especially at home) and a bit of luck.

Ibrox should be a place were no team should feel comfortable but it isnt even that now in the SPL. Teams actually come and play against us rather than sitting with 10 behind the ball. Id say its more of a fortress in Europe than in domestic games at the moment.

I think we can do it. What do you guys think?

Why do you think that we can?

My thoughts are the only way we could do it is adopting the UEFA Cup run tactics and getting a lot of luck, and a new centre half, and a forward that can play upfront himself. Otherwise forget it.

We won'tdo it with Davie Weir in the team, as top class forwards will tear him to shreads with his lack of pace. Likewise, we can't afford to play 4-4-2, as we don't have the class to compete with that formation, and we don't have a Cousin type to lead the line anymore either. Perhaps Lafferty can do it, but he'll need a run in the team upfront and not playing left mid.

We won'tdo it with Davie Weir in the team, as top class forwards will tear him to shreads with his lack of pace. Likewise, we can't afford to play 4-4-2, as we don't have the class to compete with that formation, and we don't have a Cousin type to lead the line anymore either. Perhaps Lafferty can do it, but he'll need a run in the team upfront and not playing left mid.

One thing that concerns me is the lack of practice the players have with first team action playing 4-5-1 if we are playing 4-4-2 in SPL matches. Switching tactics means switching personnel to an extent and if players arent used to it then we could het a few hidings in the CL.

I think the best solution with the current squad is 4-3-3. You can switch this to a 4-5-1 no problem and the personnel doesnt have to be changed much either.

if we go 4-5-1 then id like to see the return of lovenkrands. When playing 4-5-1 you need more than 1 pacey player. the one up top has to be able to get around and he needs someone get forward and support him. When we had Lovendkrands a few years back it worked a treat when he played through the middle. He would work well with Miller, Lafferty or Novo IMO.

Doubt it. With three new starting XI signings it's possible. Then it depends on the draw, although it's part of our inconsistency in Europe that we tend to do OK against the big teams. To be honest, given what happened to us last season I'm just going to enjoy having six games in the Champions League.