Shocking news,hope he can pull through this but I'm not confident as it has spread through his body to the brain,hope I'm wrong though,all the best John

I was thinking the same. All cancers are horrible but having brain cancer has to be the nastiest. We need to recruit a doctor to the site for some out of hours advice.

All the best to big John and his family, cancer will infect 1 in 3 of us throughout life and I think we all have someone close to us who has had this horrible thing, I hope doctors find a cure soon and especially for big John.

Has now spread to his lungs and he's in a critical situation in hospital according to the BBC.

Former Wales, Arsenal and Celtic striker John Hartson who is fighting testicular cancer is in a critical condition in hospital.

Doctors have confirmed that the cancer which had already spread to his brain, has now been diagnosed in his lungs.

The 34-year-old, capped by Wales 51 times, was diagnosed at the weekend.

He was transferred to Morriston Hospital in Swansea on Tuesday and underwent emergency surgery and is now receiving round-the-clock care.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8151728.stm