Fergie Having Medical

I think you are being a bit harsh on Broadfoot.

The big man has served us well in his time here and the only time I can really recall him letting us down was when he let McDonald spin him for the winning goal in the OF at Ibrox.

McCulloch I will give you though :thup:

Agree with you here Craig regarding KB, I don't think he's done to badly for us at all. I owuld like Whittaker to start next season though if he continues to show some of the form from last season and that he is obviosly capable of.

BARRY FERGUSON today signed for Birmingham City in a deal worth �£1million.

The 31-year-old midfielder has quit Rangers for the second time in his career and returns to the Premiership some five years after a short stint at Blackburn between 2003 and 2004.

Ferguson completed his medical last night in the Midlands. And his agent, John Viola, sealed the deal on personal terms after talks with Blues MD Karren Brady at lunchtime today.

advertisement

Ferguson has signed a two-year contract with the option for a further year. He will be reunited with Alex McLeish at Birmingham, along with former Scotland team-mates James McFadden and Garry O'Connor.

There had been the option of moving to West Brom and there was further Premiership interest when it became clear that Ferguson was being allowed to move on by the Ibrox club.

But he was sold on the move with the chance to work with McLeish again, and will make his competitve debut against Manchester United at Old Trafford on August 16.

Ferguson had one year left on a lucrative �£25,000-a-week deal at Rangers. But all parties concerned felt it was better for him to move on after the infamous Scotland boozegate fiasco which saw him banished by his country and stripped of the Rangers captaincy last April.

And former team-mate Nacho Novo, a close friend of the midfielder, was sorry to see Ferguson go and believes that Rangers are losing a "legend."

"He is one of the best players I have ever played with," said the Spaniard.

"He is a great person, a hard worker and he helped everybody at the club. We will miss him."

And Novo has set his sights on making serious inroads into Walter Smith's first team this term after a stop-start campaign last time out.

"I have one more year on my contract," he said. "I love Rangers. The club are in my heart and this year I want to work hard to be in the team."