I think the 4-3-3 formation that we started with today will be what we will use next season, it was the same formation we played on the last day against Dundee Utd

Only change is Adam out & Thomson in, we can play 5 in midfield with Lafferty & Miller dropping back, or 4 in midfield with Lafferty on the left

Lafferty has played out on the left before for us and he was disappointing. We all know what Walter thinks about playing players out of position.

That was probably the most pointless post Ive ever read!!

Whats the purpose of a forum??? - To debate and share opinions maybe?? If someone doesnt believe or doesnt like what they read then its pointless being on a forum in the first place.

So I say that starting a thread about what team Watty will set out next season without specifying any conditions such as SPL home or away, Europe home or away or Cup games home or away, while there's still over a month left of the summer transfer window is a pointless exercise & your only retort to my point is that MY post is

"probably the most pointless post Ive ever read!!"
followed by going on to suggest that's it's pointless being on a forum if you don't agree with other people's opinions. All you had to do was give any sort of credible reason/s why my opinion was wrong & yet you didn't. Instead you chose to say that my opinion was the most pointless post you've ever read in an attempt to strike back personally & even go on to suggest, albeit in a roundabout way, that I might not be suited to coming here if I can't tow your line.

Not that this thread is that bad, especially since things are so quiet & I see that it did start a discussion, but my point about the pointlessness is more than just the fact that the transfer window is over 30 days from closing. You start a thread called "Your first XI". I immediately think - first XI for what? It's not like it's going to be static. You go on to say "No signings....just what we currently have...how would you like WS to set us up for this season:" I immediately think - set us up for what exactly? The question is pointless to my mind in the sense that Walter will set the team out differently depending on a lot of variations in circumstances. SPL, Cups, Europe, home or away & WHO IT IS that we're actually playing against will all contribute to the decision on how the team is set out & who will play where & when.

I think that clears up my point.

Edited by Zappa

Guys,

Can we keep on track with the thread please ? It is a warranted thread as WS has said there will be no news players until we shift some, which may not happen.

Keep the personal stuff to PM's please.

Lafferty has played out on the left before for us and he was disappointing. We all know what Walter thinks about playing players out of position.

I think the majority of times he was still finding his feet, at the end of the season he hut some good form. I would start him on the left of a 3 man attack !!