Manager Walter Smtih expects Rangers striker Steven Naismith to be a hit this season after his goal in the friendly win over FC Nuremberg.

More...

Why mentioned that he was a "former Killie man"? He plays for us now and has done for nearly 3 years (I think).

A "hit" out on the left or the right or as a striker Walter or perhaps a central midfielder or maybe even as a full back? I reckon he'll be a "hit" from the subs bench for the majority of games.

:devil:

i dont rate naismith. Ive seen nothing from him to suggest that he will make the grade at Ibrox. Another player who will be in favour with our blinkered manager no matter how badly he plays.

That is though if he can knock Lee McCulloch and charlie Adam out of the team!

But Naismith has hardly ever been fit since he came to us. And he hasnt had that many games. Has he really had the opportunity to show what he can do ? Not in my opinion.

naismith is a fine young player. his scoring record at killie was excellent. looking forward to him building up some fitness and being played up front or just off the strikers in his actual position :)

I think Naismith has had a false start at Rangers. Injuries and being played out of position hasn't helped him find a consistent level of quality.

This season will make or break his potential - which I personally think is high. :)

The guy is still very young, has shown flashes of being a good striker and also looked a better prospect than Fletcher while at Kilmarnock. He was probably the best U21 striker in Scotland when we signed him.

None of us knows if he'll fulfill his previous promise but to me, he's at least a player who is good enough to be a backup player in our squad, with the chance that he could turn into a great player.

I'm happy we have players like him in our squad.

i dont rate naismith. Ive seen nothing from him to suggest that he will make the grade at Ibrox. Another player who will be in favour with our blinkered manager no matter how badly he plays.

That is though if he can knock Lee McCulloch and charlie Adam out of the team!

I'm not sure there's much evidence to justify this view point.