I don't mean to be disrespectful but I lost a lot of respect for him after this:

Newcastle United manager Sir Bobby Robson yesterday attacked the "filthy mouths" of Rangers supporters after a pitch brawl during a pre-season friendly.

Fourteen players were involved in the disturbance after a tussle between Fernando Ricksen of Rangers and Newcastle captain Alan Shearer, who has been approached to sign for Celtic.

Shearer was accused of deliberately tripping the Rangers defender Jean-Alain Boumsong into the side netting of the goal. After the incident, he was heckled throughout the match by the Rangers support, who regaled him with chants including "Shearer what a w***er".

The referee yellow carded both Ricksen and Shearer after the brawl, but the Newcastle striker was quickly substituted by his manager.

At a press conference after the game, which Newcastle won 4-2, Robson hit out: "I don't like filthy chants and there was a lot of unclean mouths making filthy chants. I wasn't having that, having them [Rangers fans] screaming unpleasantness at him so I got him out of that muck. "