Good luck Charlie!

You scored some important & some cracking goals for us in your time here. Goals against teams like Stuttgart, Livorno & Celtic are not to be sniffed at. :)

Will be following your career down south, so all the best in Blackpool.

I suspect Charlie's goals to games ratio, for a wide left midfielder is more than decent? Maybe, another poster can provide said information?

Overall for Rangers it's very good, but if you look at the most relevant sections you get a better picture of just how well he did here.

- Since he returned to Ibrox from St. Mirren in summer 2006 he's netted a total 18 times in 74 starts (1 in 4.1).

- If you look specifically at his first season back with us in 2006/2007 when he was given his big chance & a really good run of games by Paul Le Guen & the returning Walter Smith after Xmas (the only solid run of starts given to Charlie in a Rangers top), Charlie Adam scored an impressive 14 goals in 40 starts (1 in 2.8).

- As a side note, while on loan to St. Mirren in 2005 where he was also given a good run of starts he scored 9 goals in 30 starts (1 in 3.3).

Since nobody can argue against the fairness of judging a player on periods where they're given a decent (extended) run of games/starts, I'd say it's quite fair to take the average of Adam's 05/06 & 06/07 seasons as an indication of his scoring ability & that is an average goals to games ratio of approximately 1 in 3, which is absolutely excellent for a young 20/21 year old midfielder.

Again, best of luck to the big man.

Edited by Zappa

• 1 month later...
Hi lads,

You may remember I came here before Blackpool signed Charlie Adam and he seemed to get a real mixed bag of opinions from the 'gers fans, though on the whole you all wished him well. Here's an update.

Now he is at a club, as opposed to just being on loan... he is playing out of his skin and everything moves through him.

I think his present form will see him get into the Scotland side and I'm guessing he won't let you down.

I know he was only 3rd or 4th choice here and you must have a marvellous midfield, cos he would walk into any Championship side now and half the Prem' sides.

It's agreed by everyone that at �£500k he was a total steal... what concerns me is that he has a �£1M release clause in his contract and could go, leaving us with a massive gap that we'd struggle to fill.

I'm clueless if you have seen any of his goals on tv, but he's scored 4 in 5 games and 2 have been runs from his own half, where he's seemingly run straight through the opposition and then beat the goalie.

He's not come across as lazy or 'big time' at all and his confidence is sky high, regardless of the opposition.

From a Blackpool fan. :(

Good luck to the guy, I really hope he goes on and have a good career with Blackpool or move on to a bigger club, which I'm sure he is capable of,IMO.

I honestly thought he was a good player with us, he did get a tough time of it from a lot of our fans and I certainly don't think he is as bad as some make out. He did always try the creative pass and if it never came off he got slaughtered, where as Mendes always opts for the pass with a flick off the outside of his foot,failing quite a lot of the time,but gets away with it.

Good luck to the guy, I really hope he goes on and have a good career with Blackpool or move on to a bigger club, which I'm sure he is capable of,IMO.

I honestly thought he was a good player with us, he did get a tough time of it from a lot of our fans and I certainly don't think he is as bad as some make out. He did always try the creative pass and if it never came off he got slaughtered, where as Mendes always opts for the pass with a flick off the outside of his foot,failing quite a lot of the time,but gets away with it.

I agree Ian re Mendes etc. If Mendes or Davis I have to say at the present time were Scottish they would be getting dogbs abuse from us. I must admit I was one of the ones that groaned everytime CA was in the team and tried something but it looks like he has maybe found his level down there. I have said in a previous post that he might well get a chance at a bigger club down south and if he has the release clause mentioned in S_A's post then there is every likelihood of that. Hopefully he continues doing well and gets into that Scotland squad. Mind you being an ex Ranger he's not got much chance:box: