George Burley get to f**k !!

As long as we have a manager,and fans, naive enough to believe we have players of the quality required to go and attack teams we will get humped.Walter Smith & big Eck played it the way Scotland should play,stifle the opposition and sneak a result,'' anti football ''.

Scotland somehow always get lumped with managers who, after a humiliating defeat never walks out the door. Other coaches at other teams seem to walk straighht away but oh no we're left with the dafties.

As long as we have a manager,and fans, naive enough to believe we have players of the quality required to go and attack teams we will get humped.Walter Smith & big Eck played it the way Scotland should play,stifle the opposition and sneak a result,'' anti football ''.

Nail on head Ian.

We have everyone saying that Walter and Eck's tactics were "anti-football". How much would those fans give to see either of them back at the helm ?

Anti-football=results. It is a results driven business and both Wattie & Eck produced.

Burley likes his teams to play silky football - what he doesnt realise is that he simply doesnt have the players for it.

Funnily enough..... I had a friend who lives out here who "matter-of-factly" suggested that ALL of Scotland's woes are RANGERS fault. Because Walter should never have left Scotland. It was over 2 YEARS ago FFS !!!!!!!

I can't be the only one who saw the 4-0 scoreline, saw Neil Alexander sitting on the bench, and raised a smile.

Marshall has proven himself to be a complete dogs dinner if you look at his international record over his last 3 or 4 games. It's something like a dozen goals conceded in 3 games, but I suppose you have to blame the rest of the players in the teams who were playing during those humpings. You can't just blame the keeper when the team gets humped 4-0. If you look at the goals in the Norway game, they actually weren't Marshall's fault either. In fact, if it wasn't for a few decent saves from Marshall we'd have been humiliated even further with a defeat of about 6 or 7 nil. As it was, it should have been 5-0 if you count the Carew goal that crossed the line, so it could so easily have been 7. Not sticking up for Marshall btw, but IMO George Burley needs to be getting much more of the blame than any single player. Burley put out a team that wasn't the best team he could have picked from a squad that wasn't the best squad he could have picked. Ever since the game out in Macedonia I've been wanting rid of the muppet, because I knew as early as that, that he was going to be terrible for us. Absolute shambles of a man.

Could've done with this the last 3 or 4 qualifiers:

f9e3wx.jpg

Would we have won with Boyd in the team?

Holland would've beaten us, Norway would've beaten us, we beat Iceland anyway. We'd possibly have beaten Norway at Hampden with Boyd.

Have to disagree. Scotland do have quality especially in midfield. What we need is a manager who can kick some butt when needed and pick an XI who actually merit their place. Tactics come into it also but I have to disagree with your comment Ian about how we can only win by playing "anti-football".