That�s What I�m Talking About

On exiting Tynecastle on Sunday I found myself reinvigorated, brimming with pride and buzzing with excitement, and I bet I wasn�t the only one. Grabbing a last minute winner after being down to 10 men for almost 80 minutes at a venue where victories are notoriously difficult gives you as much, if not more enjoyment than an easily achieved 4-0 win. It isn�t only the circumstances of the victory that buoyed this old cynic it was the manner of the victory and performance. What I witnessed yesterday, especially in the 2nd half, epitomises Rangers. There was a determination to triumph in the face of adversity. There was character seeping out the pours of every one of the 10 heroes in that 2nd period as well as a good old (dare I say Protestant) work ethic that would put most of us to shame.

We can discuss the performance of the officials and scrutinise every contentious decision and come to the conclusion that they got far more incorrect than correct. We can bemoan the lack of consistency and we can bemoan the objectivity of the media in the face of this ââ?¬Ë?controversyââ?¬â?¢. Some fans, rightly or wrongly are claiming that Scottish referees arenââ?¬â?¢t just inconsistent but are corrupt (thatââ?¬â?¢s another discussion for another day). What we canââ?¬â?¢t deny is that Rangers deserved the victory. The 2nd half performance was immense. At times it appeared that we were the team with the extra-man and we were the team playing the football and pushing to initially equalise, then to win the game. In a perverse way, the decision to red-card Thommo actually worked in our favour. It galvanised the players and may have been the inspiration required to spur the players into the brilliant performance.

Walter Smith must also take some credit for replacing the worryingly ineffectual Fleck with Smith at half-time. A changed that was decried by the majority of Bears in attendance but not just a justified change, but one that gave us the platform we required. Going 3-4-2 ensured that we bossed the midfield and allowed the tireless Miller some company in the forward line. Stevie Smith, for all his faults, does offer an energy required to get from box to box and his appearance did give us a natural balance. He also sent in a great ball for the equaliser which was dispatched brilliantly by our new goal machine Lee McCulloch. Big Lee has his detractors, but he has started this season well and I can see him getting a lot of game time this season, especially in Europe where he be deployed as the ââ?¬Ë?holdingââ?¬â?¢ midfield player.

The old saying that is a funny old game is certainly true and weââ?¬â?¢ll all have evidence to prove this saying. The latest one for me came on Sunday. There is no secret that I am not Kris Boydââ?¬â?¢s greatest fan. I appreciate that Boyd will score goals, that canââ?¬â?¢t be argued with. I just believe that he should offer more. Anyway, when he entered the fray in the dying embers of the raging battle I shouted, ââ?¬Ë?come on Kris, do what you do bestââ?¬â?¢. See, no matter what I write in fanzines, or message-boards, I do offer 110% support to the team / players during the game! Anyway, low and behold with his first touch of the ball he flicks on a long clearance which SN latches onto and is fouled. PENALTY. With his 2nd and possibly last kick of the game, Boyd does what he does best!

One last word on the game at Tynecastle, a huge round of applause to the Rangers fans who were in attendance. The support these people give can�t be overstated. In these financially uncertain times, where every penny is critical and in the face of aggressive Policing and Stewarding, the travelling fans are an absolute credit to the club. The song sung at the final whistle on Sunday really summed up events on the pitch and the fantastic support shown off it, yes that is why we are champions.

Jam Tarts Don�t Do Irony

Donââ?¬â?¢t know if any one else has noticed the newest ditty sung by Hearts (and Hibs) fans when we face them? ââ?¬Ë?Weââ?¬â?¢re from the capital, youââ?¬â?¢re from a shit-holeââ?¬â?¢. Now, sitting at Tynie on Sunday with the raining pouring down, the dilapidated stand offering no shelter, I had to wonder what the Hearts fans definition of a ââ?¬Ë?shit-holeââ?¬â?¢ is? I know this is just football banter, but come on folks, I think everyone of us has seen Trainspotting!

Celtc And Their Obsession With Rangers

I think that we all know that the vast majority of Tims are obsessed with the mighty Rangers. This is a mixture of envy, hatred and loathing but I didnââ?¬â?¢t really appreciate the extent of this extended to the ââ?¬Ë?clubââ?¬â?¢ itself. Due to driving through the A80 road-works ever day I have taken to listening to Real Radio for the travel reports and have caught the advertisement for the new Celtc 3rd strip (the bumble-bee strip). Anyway this advert states something along the lines of the following ââ?¬Ë?the first time around it stopped 10-in-a-row, imagine what it could do nowââ?¬â?¢. There it is folks, they are so desperate that they have to use US in their advertising. Imagine having to pray on their fans bigotry, loathing, hatred and envy of us to shift some strips?

Cammy F - :spl:

Pretty much sums up things perfectly. I was at the game too and the feeling at the end was one of pride. It's always great to beat the Jambo's on their own patch but to do it against all the odds made it even more satisfying and has even led to some Jambo's actually admitting we were the better team! Trust me they don't do that very often!:spl:

A great result. A great work ethic in the 2nd half, and some outstanding performances throughout the team.

Some silly bookings though...

Have to say I think it was a red. Not that he meant to take his standing leg, but he did.

WATP