Pot 2 Confirmed - Draw tomorrow 4.30pm SSN

Dunno if this is a good thing or a bad thing..

Think the realists/pessimists, whichever you prefer, among us are all assuming we won't have too much success at this level this season. In that sense, is it maybe better for us to be in Pot 3 with less expectation?

At the same time, you look at a possible group of any of Pot 1, ourselves, Stuttgart and Debrecen or some team of that mould and you'd start fancying our chances again.

Dunno if this is a good thing or a bad thing..

Think the realists/pessimists, whichever you prefer, among us are all assuming we won't have too much success at this level this season. In that sense, is it maybe better for us to be in Pot 3 with less expectation?

At the same time, you look at a possible group of any of Pot 1, ourselves, Stuttgart and Debrecen or some team of that mould and you'd start fancying our chances again.[/quote]

Yep, good point. Though if we get Atletico from Pot 3 and Wolfsburg from 4 it negates any advantage from being in Pot 2.

Making the last 16 would be sensational and might even secure Scotland's automatic qualification for the near future, after all the damage done by the other SPL sides.

I tell you, i watched a few teams from last night who would be in Pot 4 and they were pretty good.

Debrecini from Hungary spanked a nifty Levski Sofia side who had a couple of fair quality brazillian in it.

Some of the goals they scored were nice. And they passed it around really well. I actually enjoyed watching what i did.

They also have a ferocious home support, and i for one hope we don't get them. Before i watched them i had heard of the name but knew nothing and thought in my mind we would thrash a backwater team like that from Hungary. We need to look to avoid them.

F.C Zurich struggled in the second leg of their tie but in the first leg they swept away the Latvians. At times they were good too. I switched onto see their ground and supporters and was amazed at the noise this small ground was capable of producing. The Austrians never stopped chanting the whole game and they have a few good players too. I think we'd struggle to get a draw away to them.

Maccabi at home looks a tie we could struggle with, again a tight ground with a very vocal support, but the players werent as good.

F.C Zurich struggled in the second leg of their tie but in the first leg they swept away the Latvians. At times they were good too. I switched onto see their ground and supporters and was amazed at the noise this small ground was capable of producing. The Austrians never stopped chanting the whole game and they have a few good players too. I think we'd struggle to get a draw away to them.

That is pretty impressive. A Swiss team with a vociferous Austrian support :thup: