BAN MCGEEDY The DIVER

Why does it seem like everyone is backing him and blaming the Eduardo situation?

He dived and cheated it's a yellow card and TV evidence backs this up. He has to get at least a 2 game ban or it's a joke!!!

Just watching Soccer Extra - Bank Holiday Special on SS1 the now. Bryan Gunn thinks the Hibs defender took a swipe at McGeady and that it's not a "real dive".

Faggot!

Graham Roberts getting tore into McGeady though saying it's a dive.

Edited by Gazza_8

It'll be interesting to hear what Gordon Smith has to say about that :whistle:

It's got to be worth at least a 3-match suspension.

Gordon.Smith@scottishfa.co.uk

Dear Mr "Super_Ally"

We are the only Association who are addressing simulation as the Lafferty case proved. I am unable to comment on any individual case in Scotland because we administer the disciplinary procedures in scottish football and I could be accused of prejudicing the case.

G smith

Was mischief making yesterday and today. Though couldn't be arsed to put any great effort into my emails. Just stirring up trouble tarrier style.

Dear Mr Smith,

I applaud you comments condemning diving after Eduardo conned the referee into awardin a penalty in their Champions League tie with Celtic. I am now interested to hear what comments you will be making in the media on the back of Aiden McGeady and Kris Killen's dives in the Hibs - Celtic game this weekend.

Kind Regards

Super_Ally

Dear Super_Ally

We are the only Association who are addressing simulation as the Lafferty case proved. I am unable to comment on any individual case in Scotland because we administer the disciplinary procedures in scottish football and I could be accused of prejudicing the case.

G smith

Mr Smith,

I appreciate your taking the time to respond to my email on this. I imagine you received quite a few. As you can probably guess I am a Rangers fan, but more than that I am a football fan. I think the Association were fully correct in their decision and hopefully Lafferty will not behave in such a manner again. The furore generated by Celtic and the media amid the Eduardo incident was such that there was always going to be a spotlight on any future incidents. Does you email suggest that you may be free to comment on conclusion of any case against Killen and McGeady? It would appear a little odd if there was no comment from yourself in contrast to the fall out from the Eduardo case.

Regards

Super_Ally

Dear Super_Ally

The cases are only brought to the attention of the Disciplinary Committee if a player has acted in a manner that deceived a referee into falsely awarding a penalty kick, a free kick that lead to a goal or has an opponent ordered off. If none of these things happened then the case is not referred to the Committee. That's the same with UEFA - an advantage must be gained by the player before the action is dealt with. I will not therefore be commenting on any incidents occurring in the Scottish league. People can deem that to be odd but I have brought in the UEFA regulation to Scottish football and need to abide by the correct legislative procedures. The smart people will understand this as I'm sure you do.

Regards

Gordon Smith

Kop out?

Worth a further response?

Dear Mr "Super_Ally"

G smith

Hold up.... so he is "unable to comment on any individual case in Scotland" but is more than happy to comment on the Eduardo situation. Technically accurate and makes sense - but also very convenient that the Eduardo situation was under UEFA's remit and not the SFA.

I presume we will hear more about this from Smith when the case has been answered and punished appropriately. :whistle:

I see Mowbray saying something like "you have to take it into context that the boy had ran 50 yards with the ball prior to the incident - he went to ground because he was knackered"...... Ummmm, NO Tony, cheating is cheating. If he was knackered then he should have passed the ball or got rid of it, stopped, took a breather and then continued - NOT try to CON the ref into giving a FK.

Cheating is cheating.

Hold up.... so he is "unable to comment on any individual case in Scotland" but is more than happy to comment on the Eduardo situation. Technically accurate and makes sense - but also very convenient that the Eduardo situation was under UEFA's remit and not the SFA.

I presume we will hear more about this from Smith when the case has been answered and punished appropriately. :whistle:

I asked him that too. No. He will be saying fuck all. :(

I see Mowbray saying something like "you have to take it into context that the boy had ran 50 yards with the ball prior to the incident - he went to ground because he was knackered"...... Ummmm, NO Tony, cheating is cheating. If he was knackered then he should have passed the ball or got rid of it, stopped, took a breather and then continued - NOT try to CON the ref into giving a FK.

Cheating is cheating.

Didn't take him long to (re)learn the Celtic way did it?

Edited by Super_Ally

It's a cop out mate... But he's probably correct in the letter of the law regarding this...

We may not have got much out of McGeady's diving but he won't be doing it again any time soon which isn't bad. Not to mention he misses their next game.

It's a cop out mate... But he's probably correct in the letter of the law regarding this...

We may not have got much out of McGeady's diving but he won't be doing it again any time soon which isn't bad. Not to mention he misses their next game.

I didn't really expect a positive response. I did wonder if enough people emailed him would he be forced to respond. But apparently not. Doubt i'll waste my time responding.

Well done. I'd suggest that you go back to him, and say

"thank you for that. So just to clarify, you will comment on an act of simulation whereby the referee does not pick it up, and hence there is an advantage to that team, but you will not comment on act where the referee does not act?

So therefore your comments are actually in regards to the referee's failues, rather than the act itself?

Is it also correct in saying that therefore the player's punishment also depends on the adequecy of the referee? It appears that an action caught by a referee will result in a yellow card, whereas one that isn't results in a 2 game ban.

I'm also surprised at you comment that you "will not therefore be commenting on any incidents occurring in the Scottish league" given that you saw fit to comment on the Kyle Lafferty incident. There appears to be an inconsistency here."

Eduardo's was a horrible, horrible dive (I only just saw it this morning for the first time) and he should be punished.

McGeady's though is no different. The Hibs player had his foot planted and it was not as if McGeady had to go over his leg as the Hibs player's leg was not in his path. ZERO contact and, therefore, no better than Eduardo's.

No contact in either case, players both dived, both cheats !