Why is Kevin Thomson not in the Scotland Squad ?

Thomson has played about 14 minutes of 1st team football since November 2008.

If you're talking about competitive games he's played 28 minutes out of our 1st 3 league games and it would have been more if he hadn't been sent off at Tynecastle. Apart from that he's got a full pre-season under his belt - something that can't be said for McManus ...or Gordon.

Why pick him when he would be clicking his heels on the bench ? And surely it IS relevant if Burley doesnt rate him a she is the national coach who selects the squad.

I fail to see why you are getting so het up about it. Kevin Thomson 1) likely would not have changed our fortunes last night 2) possibly wouldnt have even made the pitch and 3) by not making the pitch would not have got a cap anyway.

The fact that the Scotland manager isn't picking the best Scots available for our football team.

If you're talking about competitive games he's played 28 minutes out of our 1st 3 league games and it would have been more if he hadn't been sent off at Tynecastle. Apart from that he's got a full pre-season under his belt - something that can't be said for McManus ...or Gordon.

Apparently that's ok though, because we need them. We don't need our best midfielders, though. :fish:

Someone on here (can't remember who) said that nothing gets you fitter than 1st team action.

The fact that the Scotland manager isn't picking the best Scots available for our football team.

Apparently that's ok though, because we need them. We don't need our best midfielders, though. :fish:

Re point 1. Fair enough. I am failing to get heated over it as I expected us to get put out. I also am not getting overly hot under the collar as he wouldnt have played even if he made the squad.

Re point 2. He wouldnt have ousted Brown or Fletcher anyway. You are biased ;)