Why is Kevin Thomson not in the Scotland Squad ?

Regardless if Thomson is not fully fit at the moment he should still walk into the squad ahead of Doorens - Ive never even heard of him!

Experience cant be a reason, surely Thomson's OF matches, European games steads him in a better position in playing in big games more than half the squad.

He is fit now and should be included and starting the Holland match.

Its just another decision that shows Burley hasnt got a clue in general, and i dont think its anything personal towards Rangers.

The Rae call up isnt a bad one. Rae isnt the most gifted player in the world but he will put in a good 110% shift which is exactly what we need in the middle of the park.

and if thomson is picked more match practice to get him fit, burley cant use his excuse that he only picks ppl that are playing regularly cos half the players are not match fit due to not playing.

i honestly do think he has a problem with rangers players or is it me being paranoid.

Mculloch

boyd

fergie(i knwo ex player)

mcgregor

slagging bradfoot

dropping weir for norway game

too many rangers player having a problem playing for scotland

and i bet many many more.

i have came to the conclusion that burley is an erse.

and if thomson is picked more match practice to get him fit, burley cant use his excuse that he only picks ppl that are playing regularly cos half the players are not match fit due to not playing.

i honestly do think he has a problem with rangers players or is it me being paranoid.

Mculloch

boyd

fergie(i knwo ex player)

mcgregor

slagging bradfoot

dropping weir for norway game

too many rangers player having a problem playing for scotland

and i bet many many more.

i have came to the conclusion that burley is an erse.

I dont think he has a problem with Rangers players that would see him not selectring them for the squad.

In McCulloch and Boyds case it was the players choice to choose not to make themselves available. While Boyd splits the Rangers support, McCulloch was absolutely rank last season.

With Ferguson and McGregor it was a decision from the SFA, again out of Burley's control - unless there is more to it than been revealed. But the fact is the SFA are shooting themselves in the foot here as both should be in the squad.

Burley was clearly in the wrong with Broadfoot, he may have been right in what he said but a international manager should NEVER make that public.

I can understand the argument that International football sees club players testing themselves against a higher level of player and is therefore good for their development and their club should benefit from that.

But the vast majority of International football that I watch is of a lower quality to club football.

Scotland v Macedonia, Iceland or Norway in WC matches IMO would not give someone like Kevin Thomson any better footballing lessons than playing for Rangers in the CL.

Against Holland yes, i'll concede that one. But matches agaisnt the top say 15 countries only come around rarely, so for the best part of international matches our good players will learn nothing except that our international management staff are useless.

I would go so far as to say that the coaching skills of Burley, Butcher and Pressley are inferior to what they are getting at Auchenhowie, so it would be better for them to stay with their club.

Is Bougherra really learning anything from playing for Algeria against Zambia?

I understand the idea that it's a risk players get injured.

But on the flip side of that coin, playing international football gives players experience often against top quality opposition and should improve them as a player.

Point taken but, as had been said, how many players in Scottish football have played in a European final? He'll get far better experience playing top quality opposition in the CL than the likes of Macedonia and Norway IMO.

Can only be down to fitness surely? Like Mcmanus.... oh no have I got that wrong?

I mean we're going to the AA and we must win the game and he calls up Gavin fooking Rae and Graham whothefooking Dorrans? Totally depressing.

We're not going to the AA, they're coming to Hampden. Still don't fancy it though. :(

I see your point Tannoch, but if a couple of games against your Icelands and Norways gives you a chance of playing against Holland, France, Italy and the Ukraine as we have recently then I think it's worthwhile. And should we actually make a tournament again, the average quality will be high.

I dont think he has a problem with Rangers players that would see him not selectring them for the squad.

In McCulloch and Boyds case it was the players choice to choose not to make themselves available. While Boyd splits the Rangers support, McCulloch was absolutely rank last season.

With Ferguson and McGregor it was a decision from the SFA, again out of Burley's control - unless there is more to it than been revealed. But the fact is the SFA are shooting themselves in the foot here as both should be in the squad.

Burley was clearly in the wrong with Broadfoot, he may have been right in what he said but a international manager should NEVER make that public.

I heartily agree with all that and like to add that if you look at those cases, they mostly seem to be a result of bad management by Burley. I think McCulloch is the only exception. It's not Rangers players per se, just poor handling of things by the manager.

Burley seems to blunder from one gaff to another and our national team is suffering as a result. The whole setup is now chalk and cheese from the Smith and McLeish days and it shows in the results.

Just heard Gavin Rae and Graham Dorrans have been called up ?

What does Kevin Thomson need to do to get a call up to Burleys Sqaud ?

Is there something i am missing ?

Because he's hardly played any matches since November last year and because of that doesn't merit a place in the squad. Give him a couple of months and he'll be 1st pick.