Next Scotland Manager

It is time to have a long term manager !

I know it has taken Burley a long time to settle into things but he is the man to take us to the Euro's in 2012, with basically a full team to pick from in the last two games he has showed that we can do good.

The tin hat is on here, i know im going to get pelters but Burley to stay as manager !

GEORGE BURLEY'S TARTAN ARMY !

I know it has taken Burley a long time to settle into things but he is the man to take us to the Euro's in 2012, with basically a full team to pick from in the last two games he has showed that we can do good.

The tin hat is on here, i know im going to get pelters but Burley to stay as manager !

He is not the man to take us forward.

We did not play particularly well against Macedonia. A goal at a good time killed their spirit and belief.

The Holland performance was fantastic when considering where Burley has dragged us and that they are third in the world. I put this down to the players though. They rediscovered how Scottish teams traditionally play; with heart, with character, with fight and with determination.

Fletcher stepped up for once, certianly first half and stamped his authority on a game. When RVP put that dirty tackle on him I was really pleased when he went right through the dutchman at the very next opportunity. RVP wouldn't want to know from Fletcher after that.

Miller kept coming back for more despite being unlucky with shots and having the Dutch CB coming through the back of him all night.

Weir was a rock in the last two games (he had to go for that header). But does Burley get credit for re-introducing a man who should never have been dropped.

I'm not going to go on because it's starting to frustrate me, but Fraser I could write a post that would put Calscot's epic assays to shame on all Burley horrific mistakes. Ranging from poor man management, poor tactics, poor selections, poor formations, poor media relations. On and off-field errors. Boyd, McCulloch, Ferguson, McGregor, boozegate. Iwelumo/Fletcher. Norway at home, Norway away. Macedonia away.

That's just a start really. Does one acceptable result and one good performance (but poor result) gloss over all that? Not a fucking chance.

Burley has to go.

There's loyalty and there's blind loyalty.

I know you wont hear a bad word about the Scotland set up, but realise it's just that people can see we can do far better. Look at what he has done to us since Smith/Eck.

No he isnt. He lost the dressing room almost the minute he walked through the door. His man management is TERRIBLE. His handling (and the SFA's handling) of boozegate was a) cringeworthy and b) spineless (they left it to RANGERS to deal with what was a Scotland issue)

I can virtually guarantee you that we could get MORE out of that squad with someone like Souness or even Strachan in that position (I am not a big fan of Strachan to be honest). Souness for me. Venables would be a great shout in my opinion, always felt he was under-rated as a manager and that England got shot of him too soon.

Burley though ? NO THANKS. We are a mess under him. 4-0 away to Norway ? With some of his team selections ? Screw that.

If Burley goes we'll have Boyd, Ferguson and McGregor back. Of course it depends on how much pressure the new manager puts on the SFA regarding the trio.

Burley can't stay, he's pissed off to many people.

You are probably right - but out of those 3 only Boyd is likely to get a start.

I dont see Ferguson dislodging Brown, Fletcher and/or a fully fit Kevin Thomson.

Likewise McGregor wont dislodge Gordon.

However, all three of them make far better sub options than the likes of Iwelumo or Marshall or, harshly, Graham Alexander playing the holding mid role !

For starters McCulloch retired

Ferguson & McGregor are banned all together for representing Scotland

The only one to come back would be Boyd.

Think you are being a bit harsh, yes at times his player selection hasn't been the best but in this campaign we have had alot of injuries and players pulling out. The Norway at home game we played good and yet again were unlucky not to get a result. Macednoia away we played good, remember the heat over there which doesnt help !! We had a stonewall penalty turned down that game.

Iceland away we played good

Holland away i thought we done well, that was with a few key men missing, also got a goal chopped off which could of turned things

Last night as we all know we were unlucky

The only performance that was unacceptable was Norway away, to be fair we started the game really strong and were bossing it. Until Caldwell go sent off, was that Burley's fault that Caldwell got sent off ?

We can't have managers leaving every campaign, we need to stick with someone ! George has proved at club level that he was a brilliant manager, i think he has been really unlucky for Scotland. I think he has got his backroom team wrong though, need someone like Joe Jordan in there

You are probably right - but out of those 3 only Boyd is likely to get a start.

I dont see Ferguson dislodging Brown, Fletcher and/or a fully fit Kevin Thomson.

Likewise McGregor wont dislodge Gordon.

However, all three of them make far better sub options than the likes of Iwelumo or Marshall or, harshly, Graham Alexander playing the holding mid role !

Aye Marshall was pure pish last night ehh ? :whistle: